The Steelers are playing for possibly the division lead on Sunday, but a loss could mean curtains for the Men of Steel. Many questions still arose after the win last week. With that being said, will James Conner improve on his improvement? Can the offensive line open up holes for him? How much of the wildcat formation will we see? How will Mason Rudolph settle in more starting again at home and will Randy Fichtner have a game plan suiting his talents? Will Diontae Johnson score for a third straight game? Can the defense continue their dominant look from the week before?
With these questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this prime time contest:
- Because he likes to cause problems before games, college student Antonio Brown shows up to the game and applies to Ravens coach John Harbaugh for an internship.
- James Conner rushes 12 times for 65 yards on the afternoon.
- T.J. Watt chips in with a multi-sack game.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster does not play in the game but horns in on an early TD celebration by posting his tribute to the ninth anniversary of Instagram on Instagram.
- Fearing that JuJu is mic’d up again, Chris Boswell runs away every time he approaches.
- Since the Jets find themselves in Philadelphia, Le’Veon Bell realizes at the last minute that just because Philly and Pittsburgh are in the same state, that doesn’t mean one can get there at halftime. Instead, Bell resorts to live-streaming his hip-hop version of Bette Davis Eyes on the 30th Anniversary of the death of legendary actresses death.
- Terrell Edmunds records an interception.
- Mason Rudolph doesn’t get an opportunity to air out the ball too much. He does, however, connect on two long distance balls for scores...one to James Washington and one to Diontae Johnson.
- The Steelers will beat the Ravens 22-19 in a hard-fought matchup and find themselves as a legitimate contender for the crown in the AFC North.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.