The Browns may be 3-6, but the Steelers have a tough task against their AFC North rival. With the Steelers riding a four-game winning streak and the conference struggling, playoff possibilities are being imagined. With questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this pivotal contest:
- James Conner returns with a performance that nets over 100 yards.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster scores a second-quarter TD and celebrates the score and the 52nd Birthday of the television actor Patrick Warburton. Much like Warburton’s signature character David Putty from “Seinfeld”, No. 19 sports a colorful eight-ball jacket and in an excited whisper requests high-fives from members of the Dawg Pound. BTSC is reluctant to predict if JuJu’s pooch Boujee will appear wearing the same jacket.
- The Steelers surrender over 100 rushing yards to a running back for the first time this season to Nick Chubb.
- The Steelers are tasked with stopping the receiving tandem of Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry, and they relatively do as the duo combines for only eight grabs and a score.
- Zach Banner catches a pass as an eligible receiver.
- With a night off from helping his team battle for the overall No. 1 pick, Le’Veon Bell commandeers a dog sled to Cleveland to perform his hip hop version of “Mony Mony” to celebrate the 179th birth anniversary of Claude Monet. The only people that notice are a confused Billy Idol and the staff at the Cleveland Museum of Art where the performance takes place.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick records yet another interception, while Bud Dupree gets a strip sack that leads to a score.
- The Steelers sack Baker Mayfield six times on the evening.
- T.J. Watt continues his dominance against the Cleveland football franchise with three sacks to tie his single season record of 12.5.
- Mason Rudolph has his usual 240 yards with two TDs and an interception, but does not throw one on the game’s first series.
- A box from Amazon arrives to the Steelers locker room allegedly contain jars of a sticky substance addressed to John SS., Vance M., Diontae J., J. Samuels and J. Washington shortly before kickoff. Shipping records reveal it was sent from a Manson Randolph.
- The Steelers will end up having to put up points, and they do. Steelers escape Cleveland to the tune of 33-27
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.