The Browns roll into town a game behind the Steelers in a crucial rematch of the Week 11 abomination. With questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this pivotal contest:
- With James Conner inactive, Bennie Snell Jr. returns with a performance that eclipses 100 yards on the ground.
- Despite the fact that he’s not playIng, a street-clothed JuJu Smith-Schuster performs a celebration that he doesn’t want to waste. To commemorate the 106th anniversary of Ford instituting the world’s first moving assembly line for the model T Ford, No. 19 drives a classic Model T into the end zone. Disappointed that it will not go 104 mph, he instead honors the 35th anniversary of Eddie Murphy’s “Beverly Hills Cop” hitting theaters by putting a banana in the tailpipe.
- The Steelers’ stellar secondary pretty much shuts down Odell Beckham Jr., but Jarvis Landry goes off for seven catches on the afternoon. Nick Chubb becomes the first running back to rush for over 100 yards on the Steelers defense in 2019.
- Zach Banner no longer is ignored as a target reporting eligible receiver and catches his first ever NFL pass.
- With the Jets in Cincinnati, Le’Veon Bell again tells his teammates he’s going to go pick up some chili and he’ll be right back. But this time, he keeps on going to enjoy the delicacy in Pittsburgh. There at a Wendy’s, Bell celebrates the 66th anniversary of the first publication of Playboy Magazine with his hip-hop version of “Centerfold”.
- Joe Haden records an interception, while T.J. Watt gets a strip sack that leads to a field goal.
- After barely touching Baker Mayfield in Week 11, the Steelers sack No. 6 three times.
- Having already surpassed eleven players on the all-time ledger, T.J. Watt continues his dominance with 1.5 sacks to pass up Mike Merriweather, Chad Brown and Clark Haggans for 11th in Steeler lore with 33 total and 13 on the season.
- Duck Hodges throws for 220 yards with two TDs and a pick.
- The Steelers will end up having to put up points, and they do on a two TDs and two field goals. But the Steelers still fall 24-20.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.