It is time for the Week 15 installment of BTSC Bookie! This is a chance for the BTSC community to collectively choose games in which to place an imaginary wager of “BTSC Bucks.” Each week I will remind everyone of the rules before voting on specific bets and the type of wagers we want to do next week.
Before I get into the procedure of things, I want to remind everyone that gambling addiction is a serous problem numerous people face. Like many things in life, gambling can be a fun and safe exercise if done in moderation, while obsessive gambling can have destructive and life-altering consequences. If you or anyone you know is suffering from a gambling addiction, help is available HERE.
- We will start with $500 in BTSC Bucks for the season. If we bust, we may borrow from the BTSC Bookie, but will have to pay 20% interest each week it isn’t paid. It’s a steep price, but there are consequences to failure.
- Games this week will be betting against the spread with commission as well as a parlay bet.
- There will be 10 betting lines for users to place a vote on games against the spread. The values are as of Tuesday evening and they are locked in throughout the voting. The polls will run until Saturday night at 11:59 PM. The top three results for NFL games will have a $50 each with an additional three-game parlay bet.
- A write-in campaign can be staged for voting. If any comment in the weekly article brings up a different game in the comments to make the wager and can receive enough recommendations to place it in the top three vote-wise, it will be calculated accordingly. I know it’s highly unlikely for a comment to receive that many recommendations, but if it does it will count.
- Thursday games will not be included due to obvious time constraints.
- Some games may have the two opposing lines as an option. If so, only the higher vote-getter will be eligible for the wager.
- Betting both for and against the Steelers is always an option.
Last Week’s Wager
For Week 14, we placed a $100 wager on the Pittsburgh Steelers at +2.5 for a payout of -115 over the Arizona Cardinals. The 23-17 victory for the Steelers earned $86.96 in profit over the original investment. The $50 and $25 wager were split between two games because of a tie. Therefore each game had a bet of $37.50 as we were winners in one game but losers in another. The bet which was successful was the Bengals t be within 8.5 points of the Browns at -110. With the Bengals keeping the game with 8 points at 27-19, we profited $34.09 above the bet. The game in which we lost our money was on the Oakland Raiders at +3 with a commission of -125. The Raiders 42-21 loss to the Tennessee Titans cost us our original $37.50
Week 13 Balance: $952.04
Week 13 Net Gain/Loss: +$83.55
Week 13 Total: $1,035.59
Week 15 Options
Here are the options chosen for the Week 15 betting exercise. Based on your vote, all games will be against the spread for a $50 bet with an additional$25 parlay across the three games. Additionally, there is a second poll on what type of bets you would like to do next week. If you want to play your own game, leave your choices in the comments below and keep track of your total throughout the season.
For this week, payouts are listed in parenthesis. We will place a $150 on the top three vote-getters and a $25 parlay bet on all three. If you wish to vote more than once, clear your “cookies” on your browser and vote again.
On which game do you want to place your BTSC bucks?
This poll is closed
Steelers (-2) vs Bills (-115, 32%)
Bills (+2) at Steelers (-105, 68%)
Titans (-3) vs Texans (+100, 43%)
Texans (+3) at Titans (-120, 57%)
Patriots (-9) at Bengals (-110, 65%)
Bengals (+9) vs Patriots (-110, 35%)
Rams (-1) at Cowboys (-110, 67%)
Cowboys (+1) vs Rams (-110, 33%)
Saints (-9) vs Colts (-110, 63%)
Colts (+9) at Saints (-110, 63%)
What kind of bet do you want to do for Week 16?
This poll is closed
One each of against the spread, moneyline, and over/under
Just moneyline (straight up)
All over/under bets
All $150 on one game against the spread
All parlay bets