It all comes down to this for the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 2019 season started out dreadful and they are trying to avoid it ending that way. One of the things standing in their way to a postseason entry is their rival Ravens.
Will the Ravens resting starters matter? Can Duck get it going, or will we see Paxton Lynch? Will JuJu Smith-Schuster be a factor again? Will the head-scratching 22-game streak of the Steelers committing a turnover continue? With these questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this pivotal contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions after getting many the week before. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Kerrith Whyte Jr. leads all Steelers rushers with 89 total yards.
- Diontae Johnson gets eight receptions to break Troy Edwards’ 20-year team record for a rookie.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster gets a well-deserved TD. His celebration commemorates the 129th anniversary of the US Calvary and the Battle of Wounded Knee. Fortunately, No. 19 does not wound his patella in the process. The celebration is not received well by some groups.
- T.J. Watt ties James Harrison with 16 sacks for the most in a single season in history.
- Justin Tucker and Chris Boswell combine for seven field goals.
- Zach Banner catches his first, and only, pass this season. His celebration of the 3-yard gain is epic.
- Joe Haden gets his fifth pick of the year.
- Duck Hodges throws for 90 yards with one pick. His dream ends and I donate his jersey I bought to a third world nation.
- Hodges ends up getting yanked in favor of Paxton Lynch. No. 5 fares no better.
- RG3 plays well enough to get the Ravens a TD, a 2PC and in range for four field goals.
- The Steelers come close but can’t solve the Ravens. The game ends at 20-16.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.