The Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2019 season is 13 games old, and they sit at 8-5 heading into a Week 15 matchup with the Buffalo Bills in prime time. With only three games remaining on the team’s schedule, it is now we start to take a look at the AFC Playoff Picture, and what might need to take place for the black-and-gold to get into the postseason.
After a Week 14 win over the Arizona Cardinals, the Steelers remain the sixth seed and in control of their own destiny heading into Sunday’s game at Heinz Field.
Let’s take a look at where things sit heading into Week 15:
1. Baltimore Ravens (11-2) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Jets (5-8), at Browns (6-7), vs. Steelers (8-5)
2. New England Patriots (10-3) REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Bengals (1-12), vs. Bills (9-4), vs. Dolphins (3-10)
3. Kansas City Chiefs (9-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Broncos (5-8), at Bears (7-6), vs. Chargers (5-8)
4. Houston Texans (8-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Titans (8-5), at Buccaneers (6-7), vs. Titans (8-5)
5. Buffalo Bills (9-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Steelers (8-5), at Patriots (10-3), vs. Jets (5-8)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Bills (9-4), at Jets (5-8), at Ravens (11-2)
In the hunt:
7. Tennessee Titans (8-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Texans (8-5), vs. Saints (10-3), at Texans (8-5)
8. Cleveland Browns (6-7) REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Cardinals (3-9-1), vs. Ravens (11-2), at Bengals (1-12)
9. Oakland Raiders (6-7) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Jaguars (4-9), at Chargers (5-8), at Broncos (5-8)
10. Indianapolis Colts (6-7) REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Saints (10-3), vs. Panthers (5-8), at Jaguars (4-9)
These standings will shuffle significantly in just a couple weeks, let alone by Week 17. Just take a look at the games which took place in Week 14 that shuffled the playoff order. The Titans beat the Raiders, essentially bumping them out of the race. The Chiefs win and the Texans loss had them flip-flop in the standings. Buffalo’s loss could equate to the Steelers claiming the 5th seed if they beat the Bills in Week 15.
A lot can change after any given week, and Week 15 will be no different. Take a look at some key games for the upcoming slate of NFL games:
Texans at Titans
Bills at Steelers
Colts at Saints
However, it is sad to say, but the Steelers’ only hope for a playoff berth would be via the Wild Card. The Ravens look like the best team in the NFL at the current moment and have already clinched a playoff spot in the postseason.
The Steelers have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL, per PFF, and taking care of their own business will leave no doubt whether they deserve a spot in the playoffs. A lot can change in just a couple weeks...
Take a look at the above standings; who do you see failing down the stretch? And which team will be a surprise to climb the rankings? Let us know in the comment section below!