Back some time ago there was a regular segment here at Behind The Steel Curtain, that was authored by Hombre de Acero, titled 5 Burning Questions. I was a huge follower of the article and was honored that editor Jeff Hartman asked me to continue the tradition.
Let’s get to it!!
Extending Coach Tomlin
Mike Tomlin has been the Steelers Head Coach for over a decade and is currently one of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL. Tomlin is signed through the 2020 NFL season but extensions are generally given with two years remaining in their respective contracts.
- Will the Steelers give Mike Tomlin an extension now, or wait to see how the 2019 season unfolds?
- Those that are opposed to the idea of an extension now, if the Steelers win the Super Bowl in 2019, would that change your mind?
The Steelers have many questions heading into the upcoming season after not making the playoffs. As fans, we look to recent drafts and even undrafted free agents to take the next step in bettering our favorite team.
- Out of the players going into year two, if one were to make a significant improvement, which sophomore leap benefits the Steelers the most?
Ben Roethlisberger and his interceptions
Coming off of a season in which Ben led the league in passing yards with 5,129. He also led the league in interceptions, sixteen to be exact. What if I told you that 11 of those were targeted at one player. Bonus points for naming that player, although I understand if you choose not too.
- Were the picks the result of forcing the ball to keep ‘Player A’ happy? Or were they an attempt to get the ball to one of the leagues best play makers? Maybe a combination of the two?
- Looking at 2019, will JuJu Smith-Schuster be getting balls forced his direction, maybe not to keep him happy, but because he is the number one option?
Well there it is, let us know what you think in the comment section.