The Pittsburgh Steelers make their annual trip to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, PA this week for 2019 training camp. Over the years players have made all sorts of entrances to camp.
- As shown in the image above, Brett Keisel would show up driving a tractor.
- James Harrison once drove a fire truck to the dorms.
- James Harrison also showed up in a smart car which he barely fit in one year.
- Antonio Brown showed up in a Rolls Royce with his signature on it.
- Antonio Brown also showed up in a classic Rolls Royce with a drive.
- Last year Antonio Brown dropped into camp via helicopter with his entire family.
- Vince Williams showed up last year wearing a ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin vest, blaring his entrance music, and grasping a heavyweight title belt.
There have been plenty other players who have come into camp in style, while some just showing up to do work.
I have always been one who believed the Steelers could use less pomp and circumstance when it comes to their triumphant entrances to camp, and would rather just see players carrying their pillows and suitcases into the dorms ready to get to work. Maybe I’m old fashioned in this sense, but the above examples always just seemed like players screaming for attention.
This isn’t to suggest teams who just have a standard report date and no fan fare are better off, this is strictly personal preference. So, with this week’s “Pick Your Poison”, do you like the no nonsense approach, or are you the person who gets a good laugh out of some of the players showing up in style?
Let us know by voting in the poll below, and be sure to explain yourself by leaving a comment in the comment section below!!
How do you like the Steelers players to report to training camp?
This poll is closed
Let them show up in STYLE!!
Just show up ready to do work.