The Steelers return to Heinz Field tonight after a long and emotionally taxing week to battle the Chiefs. As always, some questions will be answered, while some remain a mystery. Who will make their 2019 debut? Will Diontae Johnson make noticeable impact? Can Bennie Snell Jr. and Justin Layne experience less growing pains this week? Will Duck Dynasty end? What will Devin Bush do next?
With these questions, storylines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this preseason contest:
- Devin Bush only has nine tackles in the first half, some members of a disappointed Steelers fan base demand that the trade be revoked.
- Along with Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Haden and T.J. Watt do not see action Week 2.
- Donte Moncrief makes his Steelers debut with three catches and a score.
- Benny Snell Jr. finds redemption with an inspired performance and a TD. Finds a way to refer to himself in the sixth person.
- Since his Jets played on Thursday at in Atlanta. Le’Veon Bell drives fan in his own Uber to the Steel City and performs his latest single “35 Million Reasons” at Blaze Pizza on McKnight Road. Upon realizing that the name is misleading and you can’t smoke weed while waiting for your pizza, Bell leaves in a huff.
- A revitalized Steelers defense racks up four sacks again this week.
- Mason Rudolph shines with the first team.
- Amid duck noises from fans and Rick Dees’ “Disco Duck”, Devlin Hodges enters the game and further complicates the QB depth chart with a solid effort.
- Patrick Mahomes goes 5 for 6 with a TD on the opening drive.
- The Steelers are brought back down to earth 31-23. During his post-game press conference, Coach Tomlin answers every question by pointing out that the team needs to do more “in-stadium”.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.