The Steelers travel away from Heinz Field tonight after a to take on the Titans. As always, some questions will be answered, while some remain a mystery. What will Big Ben look like?Who else will make their 2019 debut? Will Diontae Johnson keep it going? Will the revitalized Bud and Burns continue to look impressive?Can Bennie Snell Jr. and Justin Layne experience less growing pains this week? Will Duck Dynasty make a case to be extended? Will “Dirty Red” play well again?
With these questions, storylines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this preseason contest:
- Is it Tuzar or Two-Zar? Skipper locks down a spot with a pair of sacks.
- Ben Roethlisberger shows no rust in his debut and throws a TD pass on his second series.
- Donte Moncrief and Eli Rogers muddle the WR depth chart with solid games.
- Benny Snell Jr. catches up to Jaylen Samuels with an inspired rushing performance. Finds a way to refer to himself in the nineteenth person.
- Since his Jets grounded him for the rest of the preseason, Le’Veon Bell hitches a ride on the NBC horse trailer, hijacks the production truck and dubs himself in with Carrie Underwood performing the intro.
- A revitalized Steelers defense racks up four more sacks again this week.
- Joshua Dobbs struggles against the Titan defense, but Rudolph throws the costly pick.
- The brilliant Chris Collinsworth says something innocent that Pittsburgh fans mistake for an insult.
- The Steelers are brought back down to earth with a loss that doesn’t matter by the score of 31-27. During his post-game press conference, Coach Tomlin dusts off his popcorn references.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.