The Steelers return home to Heinz on MNF as they try to drown out the noise and win for the first time in 2019. Many questions arose after the crazy occurrences of the last week. With that being said, will James Conner ever get the running game? Can the offensive line open up holes for him? Will Vontaze Burfict being gone from Cincy ease the tension of this rivalry? How will Mason Rudolph settle in starting at home and will Randy Fichtner have a game plan suiting his talents? Will Diontae Johnson be KR1/PR1 over Ryan Switzer.
With these questions, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this prime time contest:
- Because he likes to cause problems before games, Antonio Brown shows up to the game and attempts to have JuJu Smith-Schuster arrested for allegedly “stealing his thunder”.
- James Conner rushes 18 times for 110 yards on the evening.
- Stephon Tuitt continues his defensive dominance by recording 1.5 more to his team-leading 3.5 sacks.
- Pittsburgh fans desperate for changes in personnel for the coordinator position on both sides of the ball, lobby Steeler management to hire the former Pirates manager, Clint Hurdle.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster scores a TD and because he can’t think of a proper way to celebrate the life of Barry Williams AKA Greg Brady on his 65th birthday, he instead slides down the back of a dinosaur-imitating Ramon Foster and then does a twinkle-toe bowling imitation to commemorate the 59th anniversary of the premiere of the Flintstones in 1960.
- Since his Jets find themselves on a bye week, Le’Veon Bell turns up at Halftime to the bengal tiger cage at the Pittsburgh Zoo and performs his hip-hop version of “Eye of the Tiger” to confused zoo patrons and panther tigris tigrises alike.
- Chris Boswell remains perfect on the season.
- A fan shows up wearing a Donte Moncrief Steelers jersey. It doesn’t end well for anybody.
- Madon Rudolph explodes for four touchdowns and a win. BTSC preorders for “In Mason We Trust” t-shirts sky rocket.
- The Steelers finally earn their inaugural win of the 2019 season by the score of 31-16 and find themselves one game back in the AFC North.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.