This might be one of the shortest articles I have written for this fine Pittsburgh Steelers establishment.
After the Steelers traded Antonio Brown to the Oakland Raiders for third and fifth round draft picks, nothing but drama followed.
- Brown showed up to training camp in a hot air balloon
- Started camp on the Physically Unable to Perform List
- Got Frostbite from a cryogenic chamber
- Filed a grievance with the league over helmet issues
- Was fined by the team for missing walk-throughs and practices
- Threatened to punch GM Mike Mayock
- Recorded a private conversation with head coach Jon Gruden and put it on YouTube
- Was fined again by the Raiders
- Said he wanted his release
- Got his release
In one of the craziest stories of all-time in the National Football League, the Raiders have released Antonio Brown.
Raiders released Antonio Brown.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 7, 2019
This story is just getting started...somehow, but it seems pretty clear the Steelers got the best end of the trade, when at one time everyone thought the Raiders were the winners in the trade.
Will a team sign Brown? Will he go to the Patriots like many have suggested? Either way, Brown is currently unemployed and looking for a new team.