The Steelers are back at home and looking to start 2020 at 5-0, but there are many questions to be answered. With inquiries, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this opening contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster, angered that Steelers fans don’t dress up like dogs like those in Cleveland, tries and fails to organize a fan group called “the pedigree posse”. JuJu’s pooch leaves nuggets of protest in Communications Director Burt Lauten’s office chair.
- A certain co-editor of BTSC concerned about the depth on the Steelers offensive line shows up at Heinz Field to offer his services as a backup. However, after this gentleman receives an endorsement from line coach Shaun Serrett and a contract offer from Mike Tomlin, said gentlemen declines the offer when he is informed that he wouldn’t be allowed to wear his custom-made Kylo Ren Steelers helmet in game action.
- Ben Roethlisberger is sacked three times on the afternoon, twice by Myles Garrett, and throws for three scores against one pick.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster catches one of those TD passes from Ben and proceeds to celebrate by lying down with the rest of his receivers as Boujee in a red, white and blue motorcycle jump suit attempts to jump over them riding a Vespa. The gesture is to commemorate the 82nd anniversary of the birth of legendary daredevil Evel Knievel.
- The Steelers’ fail to hold on to the football one time and the new turnover streak extends to two.
- With the Browns paying loads of attention to Chase Claypool, Eric Ebron explodes for nine catches, 79 yards and two touchdowns on the day.
- James Conner goes in to gain over a combined 140 yards on the day with 91 rushing and 49 through the air and a score.
- Anthony McFarland Jr. finds pay dirt for the first time in the pros taking a handoff 27 yards for a score.
- Terrell Edmunds picks off Baker Mayfield for his second career interception.
- T.J. Watt is held without a sack, but the Steelers still get three on the day.
- Somebody’s going to get fined and somebody’s going to get suspended after tensions flare during the game.
- Not a lot of defense in this game, but Steelers edge The Land in Week 6, 38-35.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.