The Steelers are finally in Nashville to start their long road trip of three games. Striving to start 2020 at 6-0, the face one of the finest minds in the game in Mike Vrabel and his tough Tennessee Titans. Will they do it? There are many questions to be answered first. With inquiries, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this opening contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster, angered that known Titans super fan Tim McGraw ignored his request to record a duet on the pooch’s concept album, is arrested for showing up to the country legend’s spacious Nashville mansion in an Uber, posing as an air conditioning repairman and chewing the crooner’s favorite Stetson to bits. JuJu is late for pre-game warmups posting his dog’s bail.
- Yes, pay phones do exist in some locales and a large man wearing a custom Steelers Kylo Ren helmet is seen fleeing a Broadway phone booth. The unidentified suspect reportedly called the Titans locker room and impersonated an official from the NFL claiming that Derrick Henry, A.J. Brown, Jonnu Smith, Justin Simmons and T-Rac the mascot all tested positive for COVID. The Titans failed to believe the mystery caller.
- Mike Vrabel, finding another loophole in the NFL record book, gets the Steelers nailed with a penalty nobody ever heard of in the third quarter.
- Ben Roethlisberger is sacked only once on the afternoon and throws for three scores on the Music City afternoon.
- Chase Claypool another rushing touchdown. Bold and Bizarre predictions for Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans, Week 7
- JuJu Smith-Schuster catches one of those TD passes from Ben and proceeds to celebrate by putting on a Michael Myers mask, wielding the football in the air in a knifing motion and walking painfully slow across the end zone. The perceived celebration is to commemorate the release of Halloween on this date in 1978.
- The Steelers’ hold on to the football the entire game and the new turnover-free streak extends to two.
- With plenty of attention being paid to JuJu and Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson catches two touchdown passes from Ben Roethlisberger and ends up with 110 yards on the day.
- James Conner goes in to gain over a combined 130 yards on the day with 104 yards rushing and 26 through the air.
- Terrell Edmunds picks off Ryan Tannehill for his second career interception.
- T.J. Watt gets a sack, but Bud Dupree gets two. The Steelers get 4 on the afternoon to raise their season total to 28.
- The Steelers defense can’t keep Derrick Henry out of the end zone on two occasions, but the superstar running back is held under 100 yards.
- The Steelers don’t crack 38 for a third consecutive game, but by a score of 34-28 they prevail to go 6-0.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.