9 and OHHHHHH!!
What a start, what a display thus far into the season. Ben Roethlisberger appears to have healed nicely, questions about rookie impact have been incredibly silenced and the defense has returned to form after a slow start. But how much of this will be remembered come next year? Come 5 or 10 years from now?
Why I ask, is the theme of this week.
What are your thoughts on a special season. How much to you remember of the ‘08 season? How much do you remember of the ‘10 season where the Steelers came up just a play or two short?
I hope for our younger, or newer to the game, readers that if they haven’t taken proper notice, we are on to something special here. Regardless of how things proceed from here take NOTHING for granted and enjoy the ride.
When our Steelers came to Detroit for Super Bowl 40, my wife urged me to go. All I had to do was buy a ticket since we live across the river. However, with a young family I did not want to spend the 2 or 3 grand for one seat. Not that I regret the decision, because I bought a pretty sweet TV instead, but to have the memory of seeing your team win the Super Bowl live...
So, consider saving something special to remember this season should it end up with the 6 other most special of all seasons. Buy that Cam Heyward jersey or framed Big Ben picture you’ve always wanted. Call your Dad up, invite him over and watch the game outside on your deck with a fire going to keep the old fart warm. Teach your daughter the difference between offsides and encroachment.
One way or another, this season will end. Hopefully we are ecstatic with the final, but enjoy the ride regardless.
- What is your favorite memory of the season so far?
- Which player (or coach) has stepped up and changed his game enough to the point of being considered a game changer? Can he sustain this level of performance?
- What special arrangements will you make for this impending playoff run? Will you up your game if we make a deep run?
- Regardless of team or sport, what championship run (or not) is your favorite memory?
- One game, one former Steeler to watch that game with... who and why?