The Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2020 season is 12 games old, and they sit at 11-1 heading into a Week 14 matchup with the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Night Football, in Buffalo. With only four games remaining, we take a look at the AFC Playoff Picture, and what might need to take place for the black-and-gold to not just get into the postseason, but possibly secure the lone bye in the playoffs.
Even after their first loss of the season, the Steelers remain the top seed and in control of their own destiny heading into Sunday’s game in Buffalo.
Let’s take a look at where things sit heading into Week 14:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-1) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @BUF, @CIN, vs. IND, @CLE
2. Kansas City Chiefs (11-1) + REMAINING OPPONENTS: @MIA, @NO, vs. ATL, vs. LAC
3. Buffalo Bills (9-3) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. PIT, @DEN, @NE, vs. MIA
4. Tennessee Titans (8-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @JAX, vs. DET, @GB, @HOU
5. Cleveland Browns (9-3) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. BAL, @NYG, @NYJ. vs. PIT
6. Miami Dolphins (8-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. KC, vs. NE, @LV, @BUF
7. Indianapolis Colts (8-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @LV, vs. HOU, @PIT, vs. JAX
In the hunt:
8. Las Vegas Raiders (7-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. IND, vs. LAC, vs, MIA, @DEN
9. Baltimore Ravens (7-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @CLE, vs. JAX, vs. NYG, @CIN
10. New England Patriots (6-6) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @LAR, @MIA, vs. BUF, vs. NYJ
* - Clinched Division
+ - Clinched Playoff Berth
= - Clinched Playoff Seed
Here are how the AFC tie breakers shake out, heading into Week 14:
- Pittsburgh is ahead of Kansas City based on conference record (8-0 to the Chiefs’ 9-1).
- Tennessee is ahead of Indianapolis in the AFC South based on division record (3-1 to the Colts’ 2-2).
- Miami is ahead of Indianapolis based on conference record (5-3 to the Colts’ 4-4).
- Las Vegas is ahead of Baltimore based on conference record (5-3 to the Ravens’ 4-5).
- Denver is ahead of Houston based on conference record (4-5 to the Texans’ 3-6).
The AFC Playoff Picture is one thing, but scenarios are another. What needs to happen for the Steelers to clinch a playoff berth?
MIA or LV or IND loss
The simple way in is a Steelers win. Period. But Pittsburgh isn’t relocated to getting in only that way. With all that said, what do you think will go down on Sunday night in Buffalo, as well as in games which could impact the AFC North division and playoff seedings? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!