The Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2020 season is 13 games old, and they sit at 11-2 heading into a Week 15 matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday Night Football, in Cincinnati. With only three games remaining, we take a look at the AFC Playoff Picture, and what might need to take place for the black-and-gold to not just get into the postseason, but possibly secure the lone bye in the playoffs.
After their second loss of the season, the Steelers no longer are the top seed in the NFL, but can they lock in the 2nd spot, or maybe reclaim the top spot from the Kanas City Chiefs?
Let’s take a look at where things sit heading into Week 15:
AFC Playoff Picture — Week 15
1. Kansas City Chiefs (12-1) *+ REMAINING OPPONENTS: @NO, vs. ATL, vs. LAC
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) + REMAINING OPPONENTS: @CIN, vs. IND, @CLE
3. Buffalo Bills (10-3) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @DEN, @NE, vs. MIA
4. Tennessee Titans (9-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. DET, @GB, @HOU
5. Cleveland Browns (9-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @NYG, @NYJ. vs. PIT
6. Indianapolis Colts (9-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. HOU, @PIT, vs. JAX
7. Miami Dolphins (8-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. NE, @LV, @BUF
In the hunt:
8. Baltimore Ravens (8-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. JAX, vs. NYG, @CIN
9. Las Vegas Raiders (7-6) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. LAC, vs, MIA, @DEN
10. New England Patriots (6-7) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @MIA, vs. BUF, vs. NYJ
* - Clinched Division
+ - Clinched Playoff Berth
= - Clinched Playoff Seed
The AFC Playoff Picture is one thing, but scenarios are another. What needs to happen for the Steelers to clinch the AFC North?
Pittsburgh Steelers to clinch the AFC North
PIT tie + CLE tie
As for the rest of the AFC, here are the playoff scenarios for the upcoming week of NFL action:
Buffalo Bills to clinch the AFC East
BUF tie + MIA tie
Buffalo Bills clinch playoff berth
BUF tie + BAL loss or tie
Kansas City Chiefs to clinch the top seed in the AFC Playoffs
KC win + PIT loss + BUF loss or tie
Tennessee Titans to clinch a playoff berth
TEN win + BAL loss
TEN win + LV loss or tie + MIA loss + CLE win or tie
TEN win + LV loss or tie + MIA loss + TEN or CLE clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over MIA
The simple way is a Steelers win and they clinch the AFC North. Period. But Pittsburgh isn’t relocated to winning the division crown in only that way. With all that said, what do you think will go down on Monday night in Cincinnati, as well as in games which could impact the AFC North division and playoff seedings? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!