Week 12 of the NFL season and the Pittsburgh Steelers are back to Pittsburgh for a home cooked Thanksgiving game...minus the game on Thanksgiving night. That’s okay, the Steelers will get a couple extra days and play Sunday at 1:15...or not. What?!? A Tuesday night game? Whatever you want NFL, we can do that...or you could cave in to the Ravens again. Finally looks like the game will get played on Wednesday, but forget this prime time stuff, NBC would rather show the lighting of a Christmas tree in NYC with nobody around, so the Steelers and Ravens will now take the field in the middle of the week at 3:40 in the afternoon. Welcome to 2020 people.
I have no clue what the article will end up looking like below, as right now I am so ticked off at Wang Harbs and the Ravens that all filters will probably be off, so it might get ugly. The swear jar will probably be able to send my great-grandkids to college by the time this game is over. I think Eric Ebron needs to run an out towards the Ravens sideline and knock some sense into Wang Harbs. Even better is let James Harrison shoot a Fan Duel commercial at Heinz Field and somebody slip a cell phone with the app on it to Wang Harbs so he can experience a real live James Harrison tackle. Oh, how about stealing all of Wang Harbs’ shirts and replacing them with a Cliff Harris jersey, and then tell Jack Lambert we was patting Chris Boswell on the head. Man, I could go on with these all day, so don’t be surprised if more show up below.
A simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. It’s basically shooting first and apologizing later (forget that, I apologize for none of my emotion I may not actually be from Pittsburgh, but grew up close enough to be a Yinzer). I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steelers’ Nation. Here’s my real-time (and possibly a little bit of my son Kyle’s) reactions during the Steelers’ effort to continue the unbeaten streak.
- Steelers won the toss and deferred, Boswell kicks off in this game is finally underway.
- Defense gets them to a third and four, I would like to see the Steelers hold them to a three and out to start the game. Steven Nelson lays down a big hit and Steelers get the three and out.
- The Steelers return the favor and have their own three and out series.
- Fumble! Recovered by Vince Williams. Steelers take over with great field position.
- Ben checked it down nicely to Benny Snell football, Steelers with a first and goal.
- Steelers with two short gains leaving them with a third and goal. Ben put it on Ebron's wrong shoulder or that would have been a touchdown.
- Steelers go for it on 4th down and Ben throws a pick in the end zone. Missed a good opportunity to get points on the board off that turnover. My heart is already starting to ramp up.
- Joe Haden with the interception return for a touchdown!
- So Boswell had to be a bummer there and missed the extra point. Steelers strike first and lead 6-0.
- Cam Heyward sacks RG3, the sack streak continues.
- Defense holds to another three and out.
- Ray-Ray McCloud should have called for a fair catch, but instead muffs the punt and the Ravens take over inside the 15-yard line.
- Not liking the looks of this right now. Ravens have it second and goal on the two.
- Ravens score, can take the lead with the extra point. Score now Ravens 7, Steelers 6.
- Steelers pick up too quick first downs, and the first quarter comes to an end. Ravens 7, Steeler 6.
- Nice deep ball, Ben to Ebron. A couple of Ravens having trouble getting up.
- Over the middle to JuJu, first and goal Steelers.
- I really wish NBC would quit showing close-ups of Wang Harbs.
- The Ravens had nine guys in the box on that first down play, and instead of checking to a pass Steelers ran it to lose two.
- Diontae Johnson was trying to turn it into the endzone before securing the catch. Brings up fourth down. Boz makes good on the field goal, Steelers 9, Raven 7.
- Watt with pressure on third down, Cam and Bud clean up the sack. Steelers to get the ball back.
- Third down and 10 they get a nice long completion to Chase Claypool. Steelers could use points on this drive.
- For the 2nd straight drive, a Steelers receiver on 3rd and goal failed to catch the ball before trying to score with it.
- Boswell hits another field goal, score now Steelers 12, Ravens 7.
- The defense has them in 3rd and 11, RG3 runs a quarterback draw, and the defense gives up 40 yards.
- Third down to nine and the Steelers defense gives up another long run to set up first and goal inside the five for the Ravens. This is ridiculous.
- Steelers stop the second down run, Ravens without a timeout go for the quick throw to the end zone, Minkah Fitzpatrick was able to break it up as time expired. End of the half. Steelers 12, Ravens 7. Steelers to receive the second half kick off.
- Wang Harbs was really upset at how slow the Steelers were to get off the pile on that second down run. He and the other coaches for the Ravens are going off on the refs. Wang Harbs should know all about stalling for time.
- First play of the second half Chase Claypool draws a passenger interference penalty deep down the field.
- Steelers go for it on 4th and 1, and do not convert. My swear jar is starting to fill up.
- Before RG3 ran for that first down I turned to Kyle and said Griffin's going to run it.
- The defense held, Steelers take over but they are inside their own five..
- Whew, nice to get a first down and get away from the end zone.
- I hate this stuff on third down. Third down and four let's throw it behind the line of scrimmage just to get back to the line of scrimmage.
- Defense holds to a three-and-out.
- There is a win, Mike Tomlin was successful on a challenge.
- Steelers have a bit of a drive going on here.
- End of the third quarter, was a rather quiet quarter. Score remains Steelers 12, Wang Harbs & Co. 7.
- Benny Snell looked like he was going to take a loss on that third down and three, but was able to bounce off a guy, get outside and pick up the first.
- A short completion to JuJu and a nice run by Snell sets up a first and goal for the Steelers.
- Touchdown pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster! Steelers are finally going to get to a double digit lead. Steelers 19, purple team 7.
- The defense holds to yet another 3 and out.
- Another drop on a third and short, the Steelers will be punting from just inside Raven's territory. Can Berry pin them deep? Ravens takeover inside the 15.
- My heart is doing okay right now, but it would be much happier if the score was 26 to 7.
- RG3 is out of the game. McSorley now in a quarterback.
- Ravens have a 4th and 2 and are going to go for it deep in their own territory. This could basically end the ballgame.
- Designed quarterback run and they were able to pick it up.
- Minkah should have had that pick.
- The defense holds. Steelers to get the ball back with under six minutes to play.
- Diontae Johnson dropped another easy 3rd down catch.
- Wow! Edmunds took a gamble and missed and gave up a long TD. The one thing the defense couldn't do was give up a quick score. Steelers 19, Ravens 14.
- Okay my heart has ramped up again. I hope someone on the Steelers team will please help it out.
- Grandpa's Strong!
- Steelers need to keep throwing the football here.
- So the Steelers decide to run it instead and Benny Snell runs for 12 yards and another first down.
- Able to pick up the first down there, bring on the victory formation.
- I've been waiting a long time to say this: three, two, one, win!
- Go home Wang Harbs. See you later Wang Harbs. Adios Wang Harbs!!!
Once again, I just fired off what was going through my head at the time. All reactions were in real time. Basically, it is the equivalent of watching the game with me (and Kyle), you just don’t have to go to another room because I am screaming at the television (sometimes Kyle does). Now time to process it, some quick analyzing for the Scho Bro Show, and then put it behind me as we are short on time to prepare for a Monday evening game with the Washington Football Team (Every time I see them listed as WFT I always think it says WTF...anyone else have that problem?). Make sure you get your voice heard in the comments below.