It may finally be game time, but I’m still not holding my breath. With postponements, positive tests, proposed strikes, inquiries, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster, dressed in hazmat gear, stands outside of the Ravens team bus doing temperature tests on Baltimore players and coaches. When John Harbaugh questions the pooch regarding who he is, JuJu’s dog (in tribute to Britney Spears’ 39th birthday) replies “I’m Boujee, b#@$h. Your temp is 105, back on the bus”.
- Ben Roethlisberger plays a good game in which he has 290 yards, three touchdowns and just one interception on the afternoon.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster catches two of those TD passes from Ben and sends a message of business to the Ravens by not performing a celebration at all. He does, however, pull out a thermometer, take his own temp and hands it to an enraged Marlon Humphrey.
- Diontae Johnson and Marcus Peters get into it again. Ejections ensue.
- An even larger man wearing an even more custom Steelers Kylo Ren mask appears on the sidelines for the entire game. Did BTSC finally get press credentials? No. It’s injured Steelers player Zach Banner. Check out BTSC’s exclusive interview from June 26th anywhere you download podcasts to understand the significance of this.
- The Ravens still rush for over 100 yards with Gus Edwards scoring twice.
- Chase Claypool ties Louis Lipps and Franco Harris with 11 touchdowns as a Steelers rookie with one on the day.
- The other Steelers touchdown reception is scored by Eric Ebron.
- Benny Snell Jr. reels off 90 yards on the day, but it’s Ant Mac scoring his first Steelers TD.
- Chris Wormley gets a sack against his former team, while his current franchise racks up 7. Bud Dupree chips in with two and so does T.J. Watt.
- Vince Williams...interception.
- Hollywood Brown catches a touchdown pass and acts like a complete fool.
- The Steelers maturity leads to a hard-fought victory against a depleted Ravens by the score of 37-20.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.