The Pittsburgh Steelers’ 2020 season is 14 games old, and they sit at 11-3 heading into a Week 16 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, in Pittsburgh. With only two games remaining, we take a look at the AFC Playoff Picture, and what might need to take place for the black-and-gold to not just get into the postseason, they have already clinched a playoff spot, but which seed they will be heading into the postseason.
After their third loss of the season, the Steelers no longer are the top seed in the NFL, but they even lost the 2nd spot with their third straight loss. Will they be able to lock up the 3rd seed?
Let’s take a look at where things sit heading into Week 16:
AFC Playoff Picture — Week 16
1. Kansas City Chiefs (13-1) *+ REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. ATL, vs. LAC
2. Buffalo Bills (11-3)*+ REMAINING OPPONENTS: @NE, vs. MIA
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3) + REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. IND, @CLE
4. Tennessee Titans (10-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @GB, @HOU
5. Cleveland Browns (10-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @NYJ. vs. PIT
6. Indianapolis Colts (10-4) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @PIT, vs. JAX
7. Miami Dolphins (9-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: @LV, @BUF
In the hunt:
8. Baltimore Ravens (9-5) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. NYG, @CIN
9. Las Vegas Raiders (7-7) REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs, MIA, @DEN
* - Clinched Division
+ - Clinched Playoff Berth
= - Clinched Playoff Seed
The AFC Playoff Picture is one thing, but scenarios are another. What needs to happen for the Steelers to clinch the AFC North?
Pittsburgh Steelers to clinch the AFC North
PIT tie + CLE tie
The simple way is a Steelers win and they clinch the AFC North. Period. But Pittsburgh isn’t relocated to winning the division crown in only that way. With all that said, what do you think will go down on Sunday at Heinz Field, as well as in games which could impact the AFC North division and playoff seedings? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!