The Steelers will either rebound from their third loss of the late season last week or prove the haters right, as they welcome the Colts at home in Week 16. I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster, not used to an early afternoon start after it being so long, doesn’t show up until halftime. But his speech at the intermission revitalizes the team after not scoring in the first half.
- The Steelers start the game with two three-and-outs before getting a first down.
- Ray-Ray McCloud finally reaches the end zone on a jet sweep.
- Diontae Johnson is solid and focused with eight catches for 90 yards on the day.
- The offensive line keeps Ben Roethlisberger clean by giving up no sacks.
- Colts quarterback Philip Rivers is sacked is 4 times by the Steelers defense. T.J. Watt gets two of them.
- Roethlisberger throws one touchdown on the day, with 1 interception. All in all, he throws over 40 passes but is still inaccurate.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster catches one of those TD passes but does not dance whatsoever despite preparing a dynamic celebration for this this being the 175th anniversary of ether first being used in childbirth.
- The running game is somewhat revitalized by 50-plus yard efforts by both Benny Snell and James Conner.
- A man wearing a custom Steelers Kylo Ren is spotted in Cleveland not realizing that this was Week 16 and not 17. It’s a shame too, because his shenanigans were going to be epic.
- Joe Haden and Minkah Fitzpatrick get the Steelers interceptions.
- Reluctantly, Mike Tomlin allows Matthew Wright to attempt a field goal. He makes it and it proves big in the final seconds.
- The Steelers win 17-16 and clinch the AFC North.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.