It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. It seems as if Jeff and Dave come to a consensus in cutting to the chase...
This week, I, Dave, will be tasked with the questions up for discussion.
The rules are still the same...
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others.
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
1. How weird was a Wednesday afternoon game? Did it throw off your entire week?
2. The Steelers face the Washington Football Team this week. Due to copyright battles, Washington could not chose a new mascot in time for the season. Now they are considering keeping the name beyond 2020. What do you think of the name?
3. The Steelers are constantly being scrutinized for being a “weak” undefeated team by the so-called “experts.” As a Steelers fan, are you frustrated by it, or do you like that the Steelers can use the idea that nobody thinks they are legit for extra motivation?
4. Ben Roethlisberger lofted a pass to James Washington for a third-down conversion to help the Steelers finishEd off the Baltimore Ravens. Some called the pass “reckless” and “ill-advised.” Had a player such as Patrick Mahomes made the exact same pass in the same situation, do you believe the narrative would have been that the play was “brilliant” and “gutsy” or would he face to same criticism as Roethlisberger?
5. It seems “narratives” are going to be a theme tonight. One narrative is Washington is a “team on the rise” while the Steelers “haven’t played anybody.” Washington’s four victories in 2020 are against teams who have no more than three wins entering Week 13 (Cowboys x2, Eagles, and Bengals). Is this another game and where even if the Steelers blow out their opponent it still won’t mean anything to some critics? What would it take in this game to be a meaningful win?
6. Time to piggyback off of Jeff’s question from last week. If you celebrate the holiday, what is your favorite Christmas song?
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts...if you haven’t checked out Jeff’s new morning show Let’s Ride, Bryan and Tony’s Steelers Retro Show or Dave’s Steelers Stat Geek, or even the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!