It may finally be game time, but I’m still not holding my breath. With postponements, positive tests, proposed strikes, inquiries, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this contest.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster, seeking an opportunity to be the first canine to play for an NFL franchise, sneaks into Dan Snyder’s luxury box with a highlight reel of his frisbee-catching exploits at the dog park. Snyder signs him to a deal worth $15 million per year, but the contract is later found to be in violation of the CBA and voided.
- Ben Roethlisberger plays another solid game in which he has 265 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions on the late afternoon.
- After not getting touched since November 1, Ben does get sacked twice.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster catches one of those TD passes from Ben and lines up in front of a makeshift hoop consisting of Alejandro Villanueva’s helmet extended way over the lineman’s head and sinks a shot. The gesture honors the 64th birthday of Boston Celtics great, Larry Bird.
- Diontae Johnson cuts back on the drops and scores three touchdowns.
- A man wearing a custom Steelers Kylo Ren is spotted near the lockers of several Steelers wide receivers applying stick-em to their gloves. Upon being questioned by Ike Hilliard, the assailant attempts to stiff arm the receiver’s coach is less effective as his hand needs pried away from Hilliard’s head. Restraining orders ensue as the trespasser is extradited back to West Virginia...
- The WFT rush for over 100 yards with Antonio Gibson leading the way with 90 yards and a touchdown.
- Chase Claypool fails to reach the end zone, but draws two big pass interference penalties.
- Benny Snell Jr. reels off 60 yards on the day, but it’s Ant Mac that takes a screen pass for a long gain.
- The Steelers rack up five sacks. Alex Highsmith chips in with two and T.J. Watt gets one.
- Cam Sutton...interception.
- The Steelers win 28-20.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.