Welcome to the BTSC watch party! Join us as we catch all the Steelers’ action as Behind The Steel Curtain will view and re-live various games together. In order to join in on the fun, the first step is to make sure you have a signed up for your free subscription to NFL Game Pass which will last through the end of May. In doing so, you will have access to all NFL games dating back to 2009. If you have not yet signed up for Game Pass, click HERE.
Here’s how the process will work. Last Sunday we announced the first game we would all watch in order to join in the discussion. If you haven’t had a chance to watch the game yet, the condensed version only take a little over 30 minutes (although they missed Stevan Ridley’s 12-yard run when the Steelers were pinned at the 1-yard lane). In the comment section below, we will begin a discussion from the game. I will wait and give me thoughts in the comments as well. Here were the 5 questions to get things started:
1. What was the key moment in the game which led to the Steelers victory?
2. Was there any particular player who stood out for having an exceptional game?
3. Was there one particular play which kept the Steelers from a more decisive victory?
4. Was there a moment in the game where everything went the Steelers way and if not it could have been a turning point?
5. What was your most favorite moment of the game?
Next, we will all watch another game (listed below) sometime between now and next Sunday. On Sunday morning, Behind The Steel Curtain will once again publish an article to discuss key elements from the game in the comment section. Additionally, the next game to be watched will be announced. So whatever you do, make sure you scroll all the way to the end of this article in order to vote on the next game to be a part of the watch party.
While some people liked the idea of doing an open thread at a set time to watch the game, there are still some details which would need to be ironed out such as which version of the game to watch. Please let us know in the comments if you watched the full broadcast, All-22, or the condensed version.
Now on to the next game! The watch party for this Sunday will be…
2017 Week 14
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
December 10, 2017
Result: Steelers 39 Ravens 38
It was a back-and-forth game which came down to the foot of Chris Boswell. After having a slight lead at halftime, the Steelers gave up 17 points in the third quarter only to storm back in the final period. Scoring the final 10 points in the last 3 1/2 minutes, it was also rookie T.J. Watt who ended the game with a strip sack which ran out the clock to secure the Steelers victory.
Things to consider when watching the game:
- What was the key moment in the game which led to the Steelers victory?
- Was there any particular player who stood out for having an exceptional game?
- Was there one particular play which kept the Steelers from a more decisive victory?
- Was there a moment in the game where everything went the Steelers way and if not it could have been a turning point?
- What was your most favorite moment of the game?
- Was there any thing in particular you had forgotten about this game?
Of course, these questions are simply designed to start discussion. Be prepared on Sunday to give any of your thoughts about the game.
Make sure you let us know which game you would like to have for the next Steelers watch party. Articles will be on Sundays and Thursdays. If there’s a particular game not on the list, please leave the suggestion in the comments below so it can be included in the next article.
Which Steelers’ game should we view for the next watch party?
This poll is closed
2019 Week 5 vs Ravens
2018 Week 10 vs Panthers
2017 Week 15 vs Patriots
2016 Week 16 vs Ravens
2016 Wildcard vs Dolphins
2016 Divisional playoff vs Chiefs