Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a card carrying member of Steeler Nation. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the NFL Draft as I share my real-time reactions to the Steelers selection of WR Chase Claypool from Notre Dame.
- The Steelers could trade this pick to the Patriots if they want Jalen Hurts.
- Seattle moving ahead, you can forget about Dobbins.
- Wow! I said it yesterday and I can’t confirm it here… Seattle is one of the weirdest and stupidest drafting teams I’ve ever seen.
- Kevin Colbert can’t really go wrong here. Depends on what he and Tomlin really want. If it’s a WR...I think it’s Mims. RB...Dobbins. EDGE...probably Uche or Epenesa. They could go Baun or an OL too.
- Oh, Canada!!!!!! The Steelers go north of the border.
- I was really starting to drink the Dobbins Kool-Aid, but Claypool may be more necessary to open up the defense more.
- Wow. The live chat is pissed. But the Steelers know better than we do.
- Ben got his big man again. He seems more like a character guy than the last big man...Martavis Bryant.
- 6’4”/230 and he runs a 4.42? This guy could be a beast.
- Start buying your No. 83 jerseys.
- I needed time to digest and watch more highlights. But I love this.
- This is not an indictment on the other wide receivers, especially JuJu Smith Schuster.
- 13 TDS last year? Stand up and applaud.
- I think I’m loving this pick.
There you have my knee jerks. I’m going to sleep on these and we’ll see how they hold up in the morning.