Once again, Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Steeler Nation reacted as such with the Round 3 selection of Alex Highsmith.
As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here for the draft and follow up yesterday’s Day Two account with my instant Day Three reactions to each Steelers selection.
Steelers in Round 4 Pick 124 select Maryland RB Anthony McFarland
- Hate this. Ughhhhhhhhh!
- You have a safety in K’Von Wallace and a ton of good linemen out there and this is what you do?
- He seems like a fine player, but not where they are taking him.
- I’m not questioning McFarland, I’m questioning the Steelers for the priority surrounding taking a runner here.
- I will root for him and welcome him in, I just need some time to crunch tape.
- I like that is size and speed is better than Hellaire, who went in first round.
- Running Back by committee looks like the new plan in Pittsburgh.
- I may come around on this pick. Nonetheless, Welcome to Pittsburgh.
There you have it. I’ll review these thoughts and may think more rationally after I’ve had a chance to iron my brain droppings out. Overall, I’m pleased and feel hopelessly optimistic regarding this draft.