Once again, Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here and follow up my Round Two patella ponderings with my real-time reaction to Pittsburgh’s choice of pass rusher Alex Highsmith from the University of Charlotte.
Round 3, Pick 102
- There must be an owl outside of my window cause I'm hearing a lot of “who?”
- His lady is really hot or is that his mom?
- If the Steelers picked Highsmith over Bradlee Anae then he’s the real deal.
- None of us, including myself, have a scouting department at our disposal. Therefore, the team knows a lot more than we do. So trust this pick.
- He looks phenomenal on highlights and a lineman from Clemson said he’s the best he’s faced all year.
- You don’t have to be a big name to play big.
- Highsmith is a badass surname though. Bubba Smith was a Highsmith in the Police Academy movies.
- 14 sacks and 21 hurries? That’s a high body count.
- He’s much better than Chickillo already. Alex gets the opportunity to audition for Bud Dupree’s role next year.
- There are a lot of O-lineman that they can choose from in Round 4. You couldn’t pass up this position here.
- If you think the Steelers could have gotten him in Round 4, Then you don’t remember the Diontae Johnson pick last year. Heck, If we would have picked Tanner Muse like the Raiders did this early. You would have gone crazy. If you want someone, take them.
- This very well could be a steal.
- Overall, I’m kinda liking this draft. Can’t wait for tomorrow.