Once again, Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Steeler Nation reacted as such with a number of selections this weekend.
As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here for the draft and follow up yesterday’s Day Two account with my instant Day Three reactions to each Steelers selection.
Steelers picking in Round 6 Pick 198
S/LB Antoine Brooks Jr.
- Don’t know much about Brooks here, but I was thinking receiver.
- Some “names” were still out there, but I think this is a scheme pick that fits.
- Wonder why Prince has dropped so low.
- He is a hybrid and plays both safety and moves up to LB in the box.
- A lot of people wanted S/LB Tanner Muse here before the draft, since he went in Round 3...Steelers staying on plan.
- Terps MVP? That’s good news.
- Steelers must love juniors from Maryland.
- He’s an accomplished player with various accolades. I’ll say this is a good grab.
There you have it. I’ll review these thoughts and may think more rationally after I’ve had a chance to iron my brain droppings out. Overall, I’m pleased and feel hopelessly optimistic regarding this draft.