Once again, Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Steeler Nation reacted as such with nearly every selection.
As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here for the draft and follow up yesterday’s Day Two account with my instant Day Three reactions to each Steelers selection.
Round 7 Pick 232
Steelers select DT Carlos Davis - Nebraska
- I don’t care who they pick here.
- Just make it the BPA.
- So for the second time in three years, the Steelers pick up player who’s twin went higher in the draft.
- 6.2 and 320. That’s a big fella.
- The pundits say that Carlos would be even better if he can get his pads lower.
- Hey Sean is gone and I need another Davis Jersey. This guy has to stick.
- Looks like he throws a mean discus. This guy is an athlete.
- Say bye-bye to the Shade Tree, Daniel McCullers.
- Davis looks dynamic on highlights.
- Could he be Mr. 2 AM 2.0?
- Won a citizenship award or two at Nebraska.
- Love this pick too.
There you have it. I’ll review these thoughts and may think more rationally after I’ve had a chance to iron my brain droppings out. Overall, I’m pleased and feel hopelessly optimistic regarding this draft.