Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a card carrying member of Steeler Nation. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of shooting first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the NFL schedule release. Here are my initial reactions to the Steelers season-to-be.
- A couple of nationally-televised preseason games will make it easier for non-412 and non-724ers.
- I expect the Hall of Fame Game to be a casualty of quarantine.
- The Steelers first quarter of the season aren’t gimmes , but I don’t think they are overly brutal.
- The Giants at Metlife to open on MNF. It’s the early game (7:15 pm), so a gift as far as Prime Time games go.
- The Watt Brothers double-teaming their big bro needed to happen early. J.J. Is typically done for the year by mid season.
- I get why the divisional game were pushed back until later in the season. But six of the last ten games being against divisional foes means you have to start the first quarter over .500.
- More like .750.
- I’m still shocked the Cowboys game in Dallas isn’t on Thanksgiving Day.
- Even more shocking is a home game on Turkey Day.
- What do you call football supporters on Thanksgiving? Trypto-fans.
- I loved night games as a kid. My parents let me stay up. As an adult I abhor them because of work the next day. I know this doesn’t work out for everybody, but it only feels like two games for me that I have to stay up late. The opener is early enough and the TGD game against B-More won’t hinder my waking up the next day.
- I wanted to drive to Buffalo for the Bills game, but a night game in December in Upstate New York seems treacherous.
- This is a pretty even schedule for the Steelers. If Big Ben holds up, it could be sweet.
- i am surprised that the NFL didn’t front-load the schedule with out-of-conference games. That suggests that they are committed to reduced-fan games.
There you have my knee jerks. I’m going to sleep on these and we’ll see how they hold up in the morning.