It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. It’s been a crazy week with the launch of the new comment section by SB Nation. If you haven’t seen, SB Nation has posted another article on the site to say things they are working on improving for the community. The Steelers are still in the early phases of Training Camp and are having traing session as a team on the field.
This week, I, Jeff, will be tasked with the questions for the good of the order. Let me just say how happy I am to be back. The greeting I received both in articles and on podcasts makes me realize this is where I belong. Unless I get canned, I won’t be going anywhere for a long time...trust me.
The rules are still the same...
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others. Also, feel free to experiment with the “Spoiler” font with some of your answers (question 6 would be a good one!).
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
1 All the players who are on the Steelers’ 80-man offseason roster have reported back to the team facility. After a full week, do you feel any different about the NFL’s ability to have a season?
2. Without a preseason, how do you see the Steelers starting the first quarter of the season? Let us know the game-by-game predictions.
Keep in mind the players like Ben Roethlisberger who the last time he played was in Week 2 of 2019...
3. Who wins the following camp battles?
Zach Banner vs. Chuks Okorafor (Right Tackle Battle)
Devlin Hodges vs. Paxton Lynch (QB3 Battle)
Mike Hilton vs. Cam Sutton (Nickel CB)
4. A lot of people have been frustrated with the new commenting system. They are still ironing out the wrinkles within the system, but what is your biggest beef with the new system?
5. I am sitting here watching the Penguins play down to their opponent in the Canadiens, and of course I think about the general thoughts on Mike Tomlin’s teams always playing down to their opponents. What was the most deflating loss you can think of during the Tomlin era?
6. For as long as you have been alive, what is your favorite player of each coach’s era?
You can’t have any players who overlap. Can only have one player per coach. Example: Troy Polamalu overlapped Cowher and Tomlin, but can only be used with one or the other.
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts...if you haven’t checked out my morning show Let’s Ride, or the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!