BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- The Steelers fell at home to Cincinnati in embarrassing fashion by a score of 26-17. The 75-game sack streak ended, Ben Roethlisberger was hit seven times, Najee Harris had no holes to run through, pass catchers dropped 10 passes, half the defense was injured and the team gave up another long ball for a score. The only thing missing was an audit, an erectile function diagnosis and finding out that your wife got knocked up by the janitor at work.
- Hello insult, meet injury!!!
3-2-1 WIN— Crying Bengals Lady (@cryingbengalfan) September 26, 2021
- C’mon. I just lost a lot of respect for the former Steeler Mike Hilton. When was he ever disrespected by the Steelers organization? It’s bush league to make up trash as a rallying cry against your old team. Man, if the Bengals got fired up over a lie...they must get really worked up over political advertisements. Plus, Tyler Boyd...give your disdain for your hometown team a rest. You are officially challenging the integrity and manhood of the team that you just beat. No one likes a sore winner, except a masseuse.
Tyler Boyd says Mike Hilton said he didn't feel valued by the Steelers. Boyd says Hilton spoke to the team twice... Friday and at the hotel in Pittsburgh. Says the team fed off his emotion.— Mike Petraglia (@Trags) September 27, 2021
- So far in his NFL career, Najee Harris has been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage over 70% of his carries. Only crash test dummies or prostitutes get hit more on the job.
- Wasn’t this guy the toast of training camp and the preseason? The Steelers lost interest in the linebacker faster than my starter wife got tired of me and that was midway through the toast at the reception.
We have promoted LB Derrek Tuszka to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and waived LB Jamir Jones. @BordasLaw https://t.co/UtBmvBLWkk— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 28, 2021
- I was lucky to have an exclusive interview with James Harrison courtesy of USAA. Deebo was great and when asked, No. 92 said he’s not panicking about the 2021 Steelers just yet.
- The Lions waived linebacker Jamie Collins. It’s funny, didn’t a Pittsburgh media outlet suggest that the Steelers trade for the former Lion, Patriot and Brown? Wow!
- Like the player, this is huge. If “the Hulk” could return for the Packers game, it could be a “Banner” week for the offensive line. HEY OH! I’ll be here all week, be sure to tip your towel boys and grounds crew attendants.
OT Zach Banner returned to practice today but remains on the Reserve/Injured List.— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 29, 2021
We have 21 days to activate Banner to the 53-man roster. If he's not activated during that period, Banner cannot return to the active roster for the rest of the 2021 season.
- And just like that, Jamir Jones is a Los Angeles Ram. First, they lost Quincy Roche and now Jones. Who are they waiving next, T.J. Watt???? I know, I know. Save your angry letters, post cards, carrier pigeon messages, emails, tweets and singing telegrams to tell me how stupid I am for suggesting that. If you do want to send a candy-gram or edible arrangement...that’s fine.
- The Steelers could really use Diontae Johnson and T.J. Watt back, but Chase making the list is disconcerting. I’ve seen healthier pre-school classes near the Love Canal.
New injury for the Steelers popped up today: WR Chase Claypool was limited with a hamstring injury. JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) was also limited. WR Diontae Johnson (knee) was upgraded to full participant, as was TJ Watt (groin). https://t.co/zWfvVCiQwm— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) September 30, 2021
- Kevin Dotson is on the hot seat again. Wow the line could see more combinations than a Rubik’s Cube. As for the media guys, fight nice.
And just think, Andrew: If my original report on Dotson, which was slammed on your station around the clock, had been portrayed accurately -- coaches were dissatisfied with his offseason prep, but I *never* wrote he was out of shape -- there'd be no wow factor to this at all. https://t.co/fWirVA6FNx— Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) October 1, 2021
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.
To hear more musings, check out the extended audio version in the podcast below: