BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Steelers beat the Seahawks in Overtime by the score of 23-20. A win is a win. I don’t care about style points. I didn’t care about them high school and I don’t care about them now when I wear black socks with shorts.
- Mike Tomlin called the officiating blunder by the officials at the end of the Seattle game “embarrassing”. He’s right on about that. I shudder to think what Coach T. Would say if he saw me sing karaoke. I do a mean version of “Uptown Funk” though.
- I’m not sure what to make of Mike Tomlin’s comments on Grandpa Strong’s lack of usage. It’s like when someone tells you “It’s not you, It’s me” or “It happens to every guy”. You want to try real hard to convince yourself it’s true, but deep down you know that these are words merely to make you feel better. In my life, it’s typically me.
Mike Tomlin said that James Washington’s usage — just 8 snaps — was because of matchups, not a lingering injury. He missed the Broncos game with a hamstring injury and was limited in practice leading up to Sunday.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) October 19, 2021
- Did T.J. Watt have an elite stat line and a game-saving performance against Seattle? Absolutely! Will it happen a few more times in 2021? Yes! Should No. 90 end up with an AFC Defensive Player of the Month or two award? It seems likely. Will said defensive player get screwed again for Defensive Player of the Year again? Bet on it.
T.J. Watt named AFC Defensive Player of the Week after dominating overtime vs. Seahawks with two sacks and a forced fumble.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) October 20, 2021
- Mercilus would have been a fine addition to the Steelers defense, but why do the Steelers and Chiefs keep getting left at the altar? The ex-Mrs.BAD seriously considered driving past the church on our wedding day, thus leaving me wearing a bad tux and a ton of food. She did relent, only to leave me two years later. In hindsight, that would have cost me less. The chicken was phenomenal though. Note: I get this isn’t the true definition of being left at the alter, it’s more like an “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” situation…but I’ve never been asked to hold the train.
Whitney Mercilus, joining Green Bay Packers, per a league source, also considered the Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers. https://t.co/nwW9WcqQaV— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) October 20, 2021
- The Bye Week is killing me with the lack of action. Can a Steeler tweet out something stupid or get served with a paternity suit or something? On second thought, silence is black and golden.
- Seriously? Sure he can afford it, but that’s not the point. The replay shows that he’s trying to punch the ball out, just like he did at the end of the game. Sometimes you miss. Ridiculous fine, there was absolutely no intent. The NFL is stupid with some of these rulings.
Rapoport is as reliable as the condom that was in my wallet throughout the 80s and 90s. People are getting the collective boxers and granny panties in a bunch over this. Just because somebody makes a call to Kevin Colbert about a player, doesn’t mean that said player is actually being shopped. If I counted all of the girls that I asked out in my Junior Year of high school and were subsequently turned down by…I would be Wilt Chamberlain.
Deshaun Watson is not the only intriguing name who could be traded before the deadline. Others: Melvin Ingram (#Steelers), LJ Collier (#Seahawks), Andre Dillard (#Eagles), Kyle Fuller (#Broncos), Andy Isabella (#AZCardinals), Marlon Mack (#Colts).— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 24, 2021
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.