BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
DO WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?!— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) October 24, 2021
- Cincinnati beat Baltimore and now the Bengals set a top seed not only the AFC North, but the entire conference. Is Armageddon happening? Am I in some kind of weird coma? Well I guess It’s true what they say about the sun shining on a dogs ass every once in a while. But arrogance is starting to set in. Note to Cincy, posts like that get the wrong kind of attention.
- And there’s not much better than, “Never say never, but never”. Tomlin earned himself a spot in the epic press conference moments in my mind. Brilliant!
Mike Tomlin PISSED when asked abt college job rumors: "Hey guys, I don’t have time for that speculation. That’s a joke to me. I got one of the best jobs in all of professional sport. Why would I have any interest in coaching college football?"— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) October 26, 2021
Then: "Never say never. But NEVER."
- Mike Tomlin said that he anticipates activating Anthony McFarland from the IR to play this week against Cleveland. I anticipated using that 36-pack of Trojans when so was in high school, but I couldn’t get cleared to do that even once. I’m sure the odds for AntMac are better than mine.
- Mike said it would happen and it did. Nice to see AntMac back. But it is a sad day as one of the greatest offensive eras looks to be officially over in the Steel City. I’m talking about the Wildcat Era. You decide what definition of offensive I’m talking about. I’d like to say to Jaylen Samuels, “We hardly knew ye and good luck in your future endeavors”.
We’ve made roster moves:— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 27, 2021
• Activated RB Anthony McFarland Jr. to the 53-man roster
• Placed DT Carlos Davis on the Reserve/Injured List
• Signed DT Chris Slayton to the practice squad
• Released RB Jaylen Samuels from the practice squad @BordasLaw https://t.co/cZARuEVWU3
- And Mike Tomlin is interested in becoming a college coach. No offense Ian or Aditi, I’m not believing much until the player says it and Melvin has been mum.
As @RapSheet reported this weekend, OLB Melvin Ingram does indeed want out of Pittsburgh after seeing a reduction in his playing time. I’m told KC made an offer, but the #Steelers ideally don’t want to send him to an AFC team. Could the #Cardinals make a good trade partner?— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) October 28, 2021
- Not that I really want to quote Pee Wee Herman here, but I keep thinking “I know you are, but what am I?”. If the Steelers are indeed a dirty team, please present a list of occurrences and indiscretions as concrete evidence. If you need help, I’ll provide an example. Thursday November 14. Myles Garrett rips off the helmet of Mason Rudolph and assaults the quarterback with said head protection to his cranium. Enough said.
- Jaylen Samuels is a Texan now. Good for the Swiss Army Knife.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.