In a return from the Bye Week, the Steelers are in Cleveland for a pivotal Halloween contest, but there are many questions to be answered. With inquiries, story lines, and more, I’ve compiled a list of predictions (some basic, and some utterly idiotic) to look for in this game.
Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster takes a trip to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, but tears up the place upon learning that Three Dog Night is not enshrined. Even though JuJu’s pooch cites 12 gold albums and 21 consecutive Billboard Top 40 hits, seven of which went gold as a travesty for them not being in, a trip to the pokey still happens. Boujee doesn’t post bail until the second half.
- Ben Roethlisberger is sacked three times on the afternoon by Myles Garrett, but No. 7 throws for 320 yards and three scores. But the strip sack demon comes out on Halloween again.
- Former Steelers OC Randy Fichtner doesn’t go to the game or attempt to get his job back. He goes Trick-or-Treating instead.
- Diontae Johnson catches another long pass from Big Ben for a score. In honor of Halloween, DJ18 pulls out a pumpkin shaped candy pail and tries to get candy from the Dawg Pound, He is pelted with fun-sized Snickers bars and dog bones and ends up in the blue tent with a concussion.
- The Steelers’ don’t score a touchdown on their first drive, but Boswell gets them 3 points.
- Percy Harvin III nails two inside the twenty, but has a shank as well.
- Eric Ebron packs his bags as Pat Freiermuth catches 8 passes and scores twice.
- Najee Harris gains 82 yards on the ground and 40 as a receiver out of the backfield, but doesn’t get in the end zone this week.
- Terrell Edmunds picks off Mayfield in the first half.
- T.J. Watt gets 2.5 sacks and knocks Baker out of the game with a strip sack.
- Browns fans are butt-hurt as Chris Boswell busts a 47-yarder as time runs out. Steelers prevail 27-26.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.