So up here in the great white north it is Thanksgiving weekend!
Like every year at this time, I find myself humbled by my good fortune. I married a hell of a good woman and life has blessed us with 3 great kids. I have my health, a steady job, and I live in the greatest country on earth (yup, I said it, get over it). My sports teams have enjoyed reasonable success recently and I have been lucky enough to have seen them both, in person, playing at home. Honestly, one of my favorite little pleasures is high fiving a complete stranger when my team scores!
If you missed another perspective on why you can be thankful and a Steelers fan this week, you need to read CHISAP’s article from earlier this week.
He gives us some reasons why we can still have hope and give thanks.
Regardless out the outcome tomorrow, be sure to take a minute out of your busy day to give thanks!
1. For which any one thing about the Steelers are you most thankful?
2. For which one thing from this season only, are you most thankful?
3. After tomorrow’s game, which one person or player are you most likely to be thankful for their individual efforts? Why, what are you hoping for tomorrow to make you think that way?
4. As you likely know, John Elway is the President / GM of the Bronco’s. What position if any can you see Big Ben taking with the Steelers once his playing days are over?
5. Earlier this week, Carey Price entered into the Players Assistance Program. With Tuitt’s recent struggles after the passing of his brother and the trials of Martavis Bryant, why do so many people still try to get guys to “have a stiff upper lip and be a man”? Bonus marks if you care to share a personal perspective on mental health.