It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. It seems as if Jeff and Dave come to a consensus in cutting to the chase...
This week, I, Dave, will be tasked with the questions up for discussion.
The rules are still the same...
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others.
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
1. The Steelers sent Melvin Ingram to the Chiefs on Tuesday for a conditional 6th-round draft pick. It was reported Ingram felt he should be playing over Alex Highsmith and not as the rotational piece he was being used for otherwise. In your opinion, should the Steelers have played Ingram more to keep him around for the season, or were they better off shipping him out rather than be a malcontent?
2. On a similar note, the Browns are reportedly releasing disgruntled wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. As a Steelers fan looking on, do you think Beckham was being too much of a “diva WR” or did he finally get out of a situation where his quarterback was terrible even though most continue to fawn over him?
3. With reports that the Browns converted most of Beckham’s salary to a signing bonus so teams placing a waiver claim would not have to pay much for 2021, do you think the Steelers should but in a claim (although it’s unlikely to get to them), or is it not worth “upsetting the apple cart” in the locker room?
4. The Steelers are currently 6-point favorites over the Chicago Bears on Monday night. After their big road win over the Browns, on a scale of 1 to 10, how concerned are you with this being a “let-down game” much like the Bengals experienced last week?
5. On Friday, Ben Roethlisberger was once again limited in practice with a new injury listed of being a right shoulder. While it could be something as simple as Roethlisberger being sore and not taking the full number of throws, it could be as bad as Roethlisberger injuring his shoulder in practice and not being able to finish. With no other reports about the subject at the time this question was written, are you concerned at all about Roethlisberger‘s availability for Monday night?
6. On Monday, at the request of my six-year old who received a Christmas decoration for his birthday (in August) and couldn’t wait for Halloween to be over to put it up, I put up and turned on my outside Christmas decorations. What date would you set as an appropriate start time for Christmas decorations, music, movies, etc. to begin?
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts...if you haven’t checked out Jeff’s morning show Let’s Ride, Bryan and Tony’s Steelers Retro Show or Dave’s Steelers Stat Geek, or even the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!