BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Chase Claypool sums it up better than anyone. The only glaring omission from this post after the epic 15-10 flushing down of the Browns was “Baker sucks”.
- That escalated quickly. I kept a VHS rental copy of My Cousin Vinny longer in the 90s than Melvin Ingram stayed in the Steel City. Looks like MI3 really does stand for Mission Impossible.
Our excellent cohost on @937theFan tremendous NFL reporter @AKinkhabwala says the Steelers are working to trade Melvin Ingram. "He doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to be a part of the team. He thinks he's better than Alex Highsmith."— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress) November 1, 2021
- Khalil Davis was signed to the Steelers Practice Squad on this day. With his brother, Carlos, already on the team...I now have two “sons” on the team. But why aren’t they returning my calls?
- And we hardly knew ye. A sixth round pick for a dude that played six games in Pittsburgh? I’ll take it. But then again, I would have taken a bag of Arby’s BNCs as long as I didn’t get stuck holding said bag.
- For those of you complaining that the Steelers should have had a backup plan if something were to happen to Chris Boswell, they do now after signing Josh Lambo to PS. What do you do when you potentially lose the third-most-accurate kicker of all time? You go ahead and sign the fourth. This is Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert saying, “Yes, I would like to extend my car’s warranty.”
- Gerry Dulac tweeted that the Steelers might not be done making moves before the trade deadline. They did not.
- The Henry Ruggs III news came out today. So sad for the family of the victim here. Errors in judgement can incur a cost that can never be paid in full.
- Avery Williamson is a free agent after being released by Tennessee. Could the former Steeler make his way back to the Burgh? But with all of the former Steeler linebackers ending up in Pittsburgh (Williamson, Tuzar Skipper, Ola Adeniyi and Bud Dupree), I wonder if the Steelers are just going to start making their LBs wear blue in practice.
- Speaking of jersey colors. It’s color rush time! The Steelers are 6-1 wearing all black with gold trim and BTR (that’s Ben Roethlisberger) has never lost wearing Color Rush. Let’s hope Mike Tomlin’s “Never say never, but never” quote is applicable here.
- Najee is finally getting noticed. The rookie has been overlooked on many a list, but it would be fitting if this guy was a Heinz pickle... he’d be a pretty big dill.
- Odell Beckham Jr. is set to be released by Cleveland. The Steelers broke the Browns again.
- The injury report came out today and Ben Roethlisberger is on it. That’s not good. In related news, the BTSC injury report was released and I am on it. My brain hurts and this team gives me anxiety and chest pains.
The right shoulder injury is new for QB BenRoethlisberger. Wasn’t on the injury report yesterday, and kept him limited today.— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) November 5, 2021
He was also limited yesterday, but with the extra day of practice this week, that’s not out of the ordinary. pic.twitter.com/LuFmmkeXkT
- Ben is set to play on Monday Night Football. In related news, I’m planning on watching the game and water is wet.
- Why is this news? Aren’t scouts supposed to look at top prospects like Liberty QB Malik Willis. The Steelers selected a player from the central Virginia school before with their No. 1 pick, TE Eric Green in 1990. I desperately want Pittsburgh to draft this guy just for all of the “What you talkin about, Willis?” memes.
16 NFL teams in attendance for today’s matchup between Liberty and Ole Miss, including: ARZ, ATL, BUF, CAR, DAL, DEN, HOU, IND, NE, NO, PHI, PIT, TB, TEN, SEA, and WFT.— Jordan Reid (@Jordan_Reid) November 6, 2021
- Maybe Dulac was right. Reports came out that the Steelers were trying hard to work a deal for and almost acquired Fletcher Cox from the Eagles, but the compensation was too high. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but like a hand grenade, this trade could have blown things up in many different ways.
The Eagles and Steelers were talking about a very interesting trade ahead of the deadline https://t.co/wmFXR87gQj— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) November 7, 2021
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one. If you want more on this, check out the podcast below.