With the Steelers closing out Week 9 on MNF, there are a lot of things that can happen. Last week, I came close, but ultimately whiffed on most of my predictions. Let’s see if I can rebound this week.
- Boujee Smith-Schuster tailgates all day doing Jaeger Bombs in the Heinz Field parking lot with fellow yinzers. With the Chicago Bears coming to down, JuJu’s pooch claims he could beat up a bear cub and sneaks into the Pittsburgh Zoo looking for a fight. Boujee doesn’t post bail until the second quarter.
- Ben Roethlisberger is sacked only once on the afternoon. No. 7 throws for 278 yards and three scores against Chicago and is clean throwing the ball to the right-colored jersey.
- Former Steelers OC Randy Fichtner starts his new job at the Heinz Field Primanti Bros. It’s a good fit because of the legendary local chain only offers two choices (Pittsburgher and Cap & Cheese) at the stadium.
- Diontae Johnson catches one of those TD passes from Ben and celebrates the 49th anniversary of HBO’s first airing with a tribute. Unfortunately, the Steelers are penalized 15 yards on the kickoff due to adult language and partial nudity.
- Steelers’ fail to hold on to the football twice and a the turnover streak mercilessly continues.
- Pressley Harvin III booms a punt for 60+ yard field goal in warmups.
- The Steelers don’t try a fake field goal against the Bears.
- Ben Roethlisberger continuously throws to Pat Freiermuth and Zach Gentry. the duo combines for eleven catches and a touchdown.
- Najee Harris gains 112 yards on the ground and 40 as a receiver out of the backfield and scores twice.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, Cam Sutton and Joe Schobert all pick off passes.
- The Steelers get six sacks on the evening, T.J. Watt gets three.
- Steelers win 30-9 to go to 5-3 for the season.
Will any of this actually happen? I’ll bet at least one or two. Heck, maybe every one of them. Be sure to post your predictions — basic or bizarre — below.