It’s Friday again, so it’s time for the six pack of questions. It seems as if Jeff and Dave come to a consensus in cutting to the chase...
This week, I, Dave, will be tasked with the questions up for discussion.
The rules are still the same...
Quick rundown of the ground rules.
- I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.
- The rest of the questions could be about anything.
- Be respectful.
- Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.
Procedural Note: Since the title feature has gone away, please feel free to leave your usual title as the first line of your response and even bold it if you can for the ease of others.
So here we go! With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to jump on in. Hopefully this party is exactly what you’re looking for on a Friday night. Here goes:
1. The NFL salary cap was announced this week at $182.5 million, down almost $16 million from 2020. Even though the Steelers are just over $6 million under the cap at the moment (not counting recent contracts of Ray-Ray McCloud and B.J. Finney which will not change the number much due to roster displacement), how concerning is this new salary cap number as it pertains to the Steelers?
2. By this time next week, NFL free agency will have kicked off. When we reconvene next Friday, how many members of the 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers will be under contract with a new team?
3. Along the same lines, when we reconvene next Friday, how many players NOT on the Steelers in 2020 do you think they will have signed for the upcoming season?
4. It’s March Madness season. With no NCAA Basketball Tournaments (either men’s or women’s) in 2020, I may not fill out a bracket this season either, which will be the first time in more than 30 years. Are you someone who fills out a bracket, and will you return to doing so next week?
5. What is the most likely “position of need” for the 2021 Steelers to be addressed in free agency to a point they will not address it in the upcoming NFL draft?
6. This week I busted out some old CDs. As you grew into adulthood (either high school or college age—you pick), what is one album that brings back the most memories?
Stay safe out there!
And it wouldn’t be a Friday night unless we said...
HERE WE GO STEELERS!
We added some new shows and a new platform to our podcasts...if you haven’t checked out Jeff’s new morning show Let’s Ride, Bryan and Tony’s Steelers Retro Show or Dave’s Steelers Stat Geek, or even the new evening shows, give them a try by listening below!