After an eventful last two weeks in Pittsburgh football, the current week was awfully quiet, but as always, BTSC continues their recap of those events for our readers. But where they went wrong, was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Dave Schofield and his article on BTSC was quoted by Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk citing that the Steelers are not raising ticket prices for 2021. Dave went to his local courthouse in an attempt to change his name to Dave Scoopfield.
- The dreams of those that wanted Sam Darnold in a black and gold uniform were dashed when Sam was sent to the Panthers for a meager price. I could have afforded that and hired the former USC signal caller to binge watch HBO Max.
- Karl Joseph Watch Day 5: No report
- Najee Harris was quoted on a tweet by Ian Rappaport that the Steelers Zoom call was his favorite. I hope he had more calls than just the Steelers and Jaguars.
- It’s the day after Easter. I’m suffering from a Reeses Egg/hard-boiled egg hangover.
- Speaking of hangovers, finally recovering from my vaccination over the weekend.
- According to Mark Kaboly’s tweet, Steven Nelson told Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller that he thought he outplayed his contract and deserved a new contract, but the Steelers didn’t share the same belief. Same thing happened between me and my first wife.
- Karl Joseph Watch Day 6: Crickets
- All quiet in Pittsburgh. But the WWE Hall of Fame inductions are on Peacock. Why do I love that stuff?
- Speaking of Peacock, they air reboots of Saved By The Bell and Punky Brewster. I wish they’d redo Night Court.
- The Steelers really like their sets of brothers. The team signed Jamir Jones, a linebacker from Notre Dame that played with Houston. His brother, Jarron, is an offensive lineman with the Steelers.
- Spent the rest of the day wondering if Minkah Fitzpatrick has a brother.
- J.T O’Sullivan was on The Curtain Call with Geoffrey Benedict and Michael Beck. Great show talking about quarterbacks. Go and download it.
- Dwayne Haskins deleted his Twitter account and removed all Steelers references from Instagram.
- Karl Joseph Watch Day 7: Nada
- The Pirates suck again. Everything is normal once more.
- Karl Joseph Watch Day 8: Seriously, he’s not coming!
- Karl Joseph Watch Day 9: Signed with the Raiders. Well that was a waste of time.
- James Conner repeatedly is rumored to be having serious talks with the Cardinals. I once drank so much Zima that I had a serious talk with an actual cardinal.
- The Steelers signed DE T.J. Carter to a deal. It was a major disappointment to BTSC’s Tony Defeo when he realized that it wasn’t T.K. Carter, former co-star of Punky Brewster and Good Morning, Miss Bliss (the original title of Saved By The Bell).
- Joe Haden announces that he would not be switching his number, but would have if he was a rookie to No. 5.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my binge watching and black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.