Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a full blood Yinzer, or even just a part Yinzer. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of running my mouth first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the NFL Draft.
- I feel like it must be said again... Cleveland sucks
- It feels like the next pick should be defense, but it really doesn’t have to be
- Michael Carter goes at the top of Round 4. Some had him as a “fall back” running back for the Steelers if they didn't get there guy. But they did.
- I’d love to meet the people who name their son Amon-Ra with the last name including “Saint”.
- Rams draft Bobby Brown III. It’s their prerogative. And then NFL Network takes my joke after I type it. Is it a new addition or a New Edition?
- Getting close to 128. Love how fast things go on Saturday.
- With picks only 12 selections apart, the Steelers could get two guys they like at 128 by the time they get to 140.
- On the clock!
- Steelers select an offensive tackle. Dan Moore Jr. from Texas A&M.
- Long arms. Not many long-armed tackles this year.
- He’s a project. So was Kevin Dotson. He’s in a good spot where he shouldn’t be asked to start right away.
- On to then next pick!
- Odds say it has to be defense next. But this hasn’t been a “by the numbers” draft for the Steelers
- On the clock again!
- Finally a player on defense. The Steelers go Texas A&M again.
- Buddy Johnson, run-stopping linebacker.
- A lot of places had him going undrafted but the Steelers take him over other options at the position.
- This is the day the unexpected happens.
- Now we get a long break until Round 6. See you all again in a couple of hours!
There you have it, my knee jerks. I’m going to regroup see how how I feel about each selection, and then on to rounds six and seven.