Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a full blood Yinzer, or even just a part Yinzer. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of running my mouth first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the last few rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Now I get to say it one last time... Cleveland sucks.
- Even trading up, there is still a long wait until pick 216.
- We’ve reached the point of the draft where I have no idea who most of these guys are.
- Even though there are a lot of names I don’t know getting announced, there are a lot of names I do know still there.
- After three picks pretty quick, it was nice to get a break. But that time has passed and now this has been too long to wait.
- The Steelers original pick was 207, but went to Miami as part of the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade. The Steelers are selecting at 216 with the pick the got from Tampa for Jerald Hawkins two years ago.
- Here we go again. Could really be almost any position.
- Going with Q from the U. Quincy Roche is the OLB pick we knew they would take eventually.
- He’s the 2021 version of Alex Highsmith in 2020. Love this!
- He’s going to get snaps early in this defense.
- And the seventh round has begun
- Almost to 245 and then 254 will be upon us before we can finish typing in the name.
- On the clock again!
- There’s the corner.
- It’s Tre Norwood from Oklahoma. Tomlin announced him as a “Swiss army knife safety” is intriguing.
- The Draft Network has Norwood as strictly a nickle corner. It’s what the Steelers need.
- One pick left. Punter for Jeff Hartman?
- This is a gem for Jeff. The Steelers go punter!
- It’s Pressley Harvin III from Georgia Tech
- Dude is a hefty guy.
- Jeff Hartman will need a new jersey
- Well, that’s the 2021 NFL draft! I personally like most of what the Steelers did. Even though some were head-scratchers, they made sense after everything else fell into place.
- I’ll see you all again for the Hall of Fame Game in August. CAN’T WAIT!!!
There you have it, my knee jerks. I’m exhausted. Time to take a week to recover.