With Draft Week over, things calmed down a bit in Steelers Nation. But BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- The Saints announced the signing of Sutton Smith, the Steelers sixth-round pick of the 2019 draft. Smith was a linebacker that will now compete at fullback for New Orleans. That’s it. The Steelers had that rare occasion when a sixth rounder didn’t stick. I can see the #firecolbert campaign starting already.
- Ravens corner Marlon Humphrey described on social media constantly being able to hear Ben Roethlisberger tell receivers what routes to run. It looks like 7, 19, 11, 18 and the crew need to work on their sign language skills. In fact, when it comes to Humphrey and the Ravens...I can suggest the perfect single-digited gesture to wave at these guys.
- Devin Bush was one of the many that voiced disbelief on “the tweeter” that Tim Tebow is back in the league as a tight end for his college coach, Urban Meyer, in Jacksonville. Bush’s dismay stems from Tebow getting a NFL return before Kaepernick. If Kaep can play corner, call him up.
- The NFL scheduled their slate of games to be announced to the public at 8 PM on this day. But in all actuality, they kept leaking dates throughout the day making the actual drop anticlimactic. It’s like finding out what your Christmas presents were from that hack Ian Rappaport on Twitter. Accept Ian would report that you’d be getting an Xbox and in reality you’d receive sweat socks.
- The schedule for the Steelers featured five Prime Time games and no holidays. That’s good, but the bye week should have been later. Nothing that we can do about that now. But my biggest issue with the schedule is having to watch the Browns on Christmas Day. Nothing can bring the Christmas ham back for a regurgitated performance more than having to look at Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett. Still glad the Steelers aren’t playing though.
- The Steelers official jersey numbers for their rookie class came out today. As expected, Najee Harris is wearing No. 22. In our BTSC digit challenge, I defeated Michael Beck by the score of 4 to 2. Beck now has to buy me a Buddy Johnson jersey or surrender his first born.
- Rookies reported and Najee Harris is already a character, mistaking the Steelers for boosters. When I think of the Steelers media, I’m more inclined to associating them with needing booster shots.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my binge watching and black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.