Let me start off by wishing all you Moms out there a wonderful and love filled day tomorrow.
I have been incredibly lucky in my life with having wonderful women in it. I had 2 grandmothers that became the patriarch of both of their families. They both were ethical leaders in the things that mattered most; family, faith, and love. My mother was quite simply a rock star. The definition of grace and love, quick with a hug, always ready for a good laugh and an assassin at euchre and bridge. She was an incredible Mom but honestly an even better grandmother. My kids and my nieces and nephews still love to tell ‘Meme’ stories. She was a great example of how to live a honourable life in such unprincipled times. She made every room she walked into better and if she was somehow in your circle, you hit one of life’s jackpots.
Today, I am beyond lucky (think really blind squirrel and not just a nut but the nut of all nuts) to have Mrs. Canuck as the mother of my children. A Tasmanian Devil of engery, passion and selfless drive to make her world a better place. She is the role model that every child deserves and for that I am so thankful.
I realize that getting together with Mom in the traditional way will be challenging for many of us, but life is an adventure so make sure you leave no stone unturned to wish Mom the best Mother’s Day ever.
- How many of our day 1 starters aren’t on our roster now? What position or player needs an upgrade?
- Apparently AV made some suspect comments this week after signing with the ratbirds. Honestly, I missed reading /hearing about them. Now that we are into the dead news cycle for the Steelers how often do you actively look for Steelers news?
- Tom Wilson... Goon? Thug? Old School hockey player? Did the NHL miss the mark again???Give us your thoughts on anything Tom Wilson...
- Tell us about the legacy of one (?) of the moms in your life? Please don’t feel limited by the traditional definition of ‘Mom’ - you can include an aunt, a neighbor a teacher or even a coach. And yes, you most certainly can include a ‘Mom’ that is still alive today.
- What are your plans for Mom tomorrow? Are you able to get together? Special dinner or breakfast in bed (if so, what’s on the menu)? Let her sleep in while you take the kids and dog for a walk?