With Draft Week over, things calmed down a bit in Steelers Nation. But BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- In news that was not completely expected, The Steelers declined to extend a fifth-year option to safety Terrell Edmunds. Edmunds will be back in 2021 however. It reminds me of 2003 when the first Mrs. BAD declined the fifth-year option on me. Free agency worked well for me as it should for FeDerius.
- The Bears released talented LT Charles Leno and Field Yates reported that the Colts, Panthers and Steelers were possible suitors. To get the jump on the news, try to play video games with Leno’s significant other. It worked when the team signed Bears OL Rashaad Coward and his lady leaked the news over a game of Call of Duty.
- Gerry Dulac announced that Alejandro Villanueva could re-sign with the Steelers. Surely he knows something we don’t, being an insider and all.
- Big Al signed with the rival Ravens for a guaranteed $8M, To make matters worse, the Steelers don’t get a compensatory pick and Baltimore doesn’t get one cancelled out. Again flashbacks to my divorce in 2003. Good thing Gerry Dulac wasn’t speculating on my life on the BAD beat. I would have had false hopes.
- The Steelers officially signed DeMarkus Acy from Missouri.
- It’s Star Wars Day. May the Fourth be with you. And also with you. The second half of the Scho Bro Show featured a Star Wars mock draft to the Steelers. I hope my pick of Jar Jar Binks pays off. He wasn’t a bust in the movies.
- In other May the Fourth news. BTSC co-editor Jeff Hartman did not invite me to his Star Wars party. I’m hurt.
- Justin Layne plead guilty to three misdemeanors to resolve his April arrest for speeding, marijuana, and gun possession. Don’t be hard on ol’ Lustin Jayne. Maybe he was just getting ready for an audition for The Fast and the Furious franchise.
- Rookie Minicamp, OTAs and Mandatory Minicamp dates were announced. They are already saved in my phone.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster said on social media that his first foray into free agency was more stressful than waiting to be drafted. I wonder where it ranks among potty-training Boujee.
- News came out that the Steelers were signing a Jets defensive back and celebration over Brian Poole possibly ending up in Pittsburgh began. Instead it was safety Arthur Maulet. It’s kind of like when you go to Red Lobster and they are out of Cheddar Bay Biscuits. But bread is good sometimes, so welcome to Pittsburgh, Arthur.
- The league announced that the ban of teams traveling for training camp has been lifted. Get ready Latrobe. The boys will be back in tahn.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my binge watching and black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.