If you are an active member of BTSC and love fantasy football, this may be perfect for you. The battle for fantasy bragging rights in the BTSC community is on the line. Welcome to the 2021 BTSC fantasy football league!
It is an NFL.com fantasy football league, but the draft is going to take place right here on the BTSC site. On both Monday, July 19th, and Tuesday, July 20th, the draft will take place at 8 p.m. in the comment section of the articles released for the beginning of the draft. We will go until 10 p.m. on Monday night and finish whatever is left on Tuesday night.
The size of the league will depend on how many choose to join, but we are not likely to go over 14 or 16 teams. So it is first come, first served.
These are the only things required to join the league:
- You need to be an active member of BTSC. If you are a frequent reader and at least an occasional commenter, that is perfect.
- You need to be active in the league. There is nothing worse in a fantasy league than when you need someone else to lose to get into the playoffs and his opponent has three players in his lineup that are on injured reserve. If you join, we want you to play through the entire season, no matter how bad your team may be doing.
- You need to be available the night of the draft. There have been live mock drafts done in a similar fashion to this in the past, and when someone does not show up to draft for their team, there is more confusion, and it takes much longer to get through the draft. If something comes up last minute, have a list of your highest rated players ready to give to someone else who can draft for you.
- Make sure you are prepared by having some sort of draft rankings ready to go the night of the draft. We do not want to see any retired players or kickers taken in the first round, and we do not want you to be drafting players that have already been selected. Be crossing players off your list as they are selected to prevent that from happening to you.
The scoring for the league is standard non-PPR, and there are small bonuses for passing performances over 300 yards and 400 yards. There are also minor boosts in point scoring for team defenses, so be sure to check out the exact scoring settings before the draft.
Each team’s starting lineup is composed of one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one WR/RB flex, one kicker, and one defense. The bench size will be determined by the amount of teams in the league.
The best part is that it is 100% free. This is a simple competition solely for fantasy bragging rights.
You can check the entire league settings here.
If you would like to be a part of the league, here is what you need to do:
- If you do not have an NFL.com fantasy football account, create one.
- Either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what your username is, or post your email address in the comment section and tell me you want to be a part of the league, I will then send you an invite. Coral does not allow your full email to be posted in a comment, so if you choose to post it in the comment section, leave spaces after each part of the email. Example: johndoe123 @gmail .com. I will be able to figure out the actual email address, and as soon as I see the comment, I will send you an invite.
- Check your email for the invite and join the league. If you did not receive an invite, let me know in the comment section, and I will send a new one. If there is no response to the invite within 48 hours, that spot in the league will be open to anyone else who wants to be a part of it.
If you do not want to be a part of the league but want to have a part in the draft, we will need someone to be our official pick-tracker. We are going to use Google Sheets and have an updated list of previous picks. This will help prevent people from trying to draft a player that has already been selected by someone else. We will also need someone to have a timer ready. We will likely have a time limit of 2 or 2 1⁄2 minutes per pick, and someone will need to keep track of that. These are both things that the individual team owners can help with, but if you are not in the league but want to be a help, those are a couple opportunites for you.
If you have any other questions about the league, be sure to mention them in the comment section below. If you do not want to be in the league but would like to see what is going on, feel free to watch in the comment section as the results come in.
It is time to get in on the fun, BTSC! Who’s in for the most competitive fantasy football league around? Let me know if you want to join in on this special event by either emailing me at email@example.com or commenting down below.