BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Another AFC North rival deepened their lineup while the Steelers continued to stand pat. ESPN reported that pending a physical, former Broncos’ OT Ja’Wuan James, who ruptured his Achilles in April, signed a two-year deal worth up to $9 million with the Ravens. Also RB Gus Edwards was brought back to Charm City. The Steelers, who did not tender a contract to Malik Hooker, are reportedly waiting for Amazon Prime Days to bring in depth talent.
- With not much Steelers news coming in, Blue Bloods marathon at the BAD house. Of course, Tom Selleck is my all-time favorite. It’s a shame that Mark Malone tried to steal his look back in the 80s. I think the Steelers would have fared better with Magnum behind center back then.
- Even though most of theses were out there, the NFL released their full preseason schedule with times. In more exciting news, I had Beef and Cheddar from Arbys.
- As reported by Chris Adamski from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Chuks Okorafor commented this week on moving to left tackle. “I feel like there isn’t any more pressure. If it’s playing left tackle, left guard or center, it’s still having to block for and block for . . . whoever’s running the ball. If it’s left side, right side, center, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s moreso about having sure whoever is playing, it’s just having to block well.” It’s good that Chukwuma is cool about his challenges. I feel pressure choosing between Target and Walmart.
- Reliable sources say that a member of the Steelers ordered a meal online and had it delivered to his residence. Wow, am I this hard-up for news?
- Former Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell swerved on an Instagram post about spending $700 at McDonalds and went after Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid by saying, “I’ll never play for Andy Reid again. I’d retire first.” Bell seems to be employing the seagull approach now in his career. He keeps flying on a certain beach, pooping on everything and flying away. Inexplicably though, there are still people in Steeler Nation that want to re-sign this guy.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.