BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Devin Bush Jr. continued to turn heads with his social media posts. Bush’s viral retweet of a cat falling from multiple stories in a stairwell has elicited strong feelings and questions about the third-year linebacker’s judgement. Teammate Zach Banner even has threatened to confiscate his phone. Does Bush have way too much time on his hands? Possibly. Maybe a trip to training camp would be a cure for Devin’s boredom.
- Zach Banner threw out the first pitch at the Pirates game on Monday. Not only did he establish himself as the best pitching prospect the Buccos have, nobody would dream of charging the mound on the Hulkster. It could be brush-backs unlimited in the Burgh.
- Bush claimed that he is limited to two Tweets per day and then claimed to be fined for going over it. In a related story, BTSC is limiting me to two posts per day referencing Arby’s. My picture of a scrumptious Big Beef and Cheddar got me fined. D-Bush, I feel ya.
- The Steelers released their schedule for training camp with 12 days that are open to the public. There is no truth to the rumor that the team’s media department will splice together clips of past practices and accompany the video page with “Renegade”.
- The Steelers celebrated their 88th birthday on Thursday. It was on this date that Art Rooney founded the Pittsburgh football franchise. It begs the question, “What do you get an 88-year old that seemingly has everything?”. That’s easy... another edge rusher and a gift card to Arby’s.
- T.J. Watt posted on social media the claim that “I am the luckiest man in the world!!!” along with photos of his engagement to his girlfriend, Dani Rhodes. The backdrop was gorgeous with glistening water and sparkling sky behind them. Now I understand why Mrs. BAD did not post equal excitement when I proposed 15 years ago. In hindsight, proposing next to the dumpster outside of a Johnstown Arby’s doesn’t elicit an equal response.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.