The Pittsburgh Steelers have released their first depth chart of the 2021 season. For anyone who has been listening to head coach Mike Tomlin over the last couple days, as well as what he said about the initial depth chart in years past, Steelers fan shouldn’t put too much stock into this list at this time. But, it is a starting point and does give an indication as to what the team was expecting for the 2021 season.
While names on this list are bound to change over the course of the Steelers four preseason games, here are the players listed as the starters on offense, defense, and special teams with some additional notes given below.
To see the official Steelers depth chart, click HERE.
WR — Diontae Johnson
LT — Chuks Okorafor
LG — Kevin Dotson
C — J.C. Hassenauer
RG — Trai Turner
RT — Zach Banner
TE — Eric Ebron
WR — Chase Claypool
WR — JuJu Smith-Schuster
RB — Najee Harris
FB — Derek Watt
QB — Ben Roethlisberger
- Kendrick Green, not B.J. Finney, is the second center on the depth chart. Finney is listed as the second player at right guard.
- Dwayne Haskins is currently the QB3 on the depth chart, above Joshua Dobbs.
- Trey Edmunds is listed as a fullback, a position he played last season when Watt was out with injury.
- Benny Snell Jr. remains RB2 on the depth chart, followed by Anthony McFarland, Jaylen Samuels and Kalen Ballage...in that order.
LOLB — T.J. Watt
DT — Cameron Heyward
NT — Tyson Alualu
DT — Stephon Tuitt
ROLB — Alex Highsmith
LCB — Joe Haden
RCB — Cam Sutton
FS — Minkah Fitzpatrick
SS — Terrell Edmunds
LILB — Devin Bush
RILB — Robert Spillane
NICKEL — Antoine Brooks Jr.
- Melvin Ingram is listed as the ROLB2 on the depth chart.
- Miles Killebrew is listed as the backup to Terrell Edmunds at SS.
- Tre Norwood, rookie 7th round pick, is listed as the backup at FS behind Minkah Fitzpatrick.
- Isaiahh Loudermilk is in the back of the line behind Isaiah Buggs at DT.
- Bugss was ahead of Carlos Davis on the NT depth chart
- Marcus Allen is the linebacker behind Robert Spillane at RILB.
- Free agent acquisition Arthur Maulet is behind Brooks for the NICKEL defensive back position. They were the only two players listed.
Special Teams Starters
LS — Kameron Kanaday
K — Chris Boswell
P — Jordan Berry
KR/PR — Ray-Ray McCloud
Special Teams Notables:
- Berry, the incumbent punter, is holding off rookie 7th round pick Pressley Harvin III in the early stages of camp.
Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers as they press on through training camp and prepare for the 2021 regular season. To listen to a special podcast, check out BTSC editor Dave Schofield in the audio player below.